No announcement yet.

Help Rep get a job thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracking suggestions people, the volunteering route has opened quite a few roads. I emailed one such role about an hour ago and have been invited to an open day tomorrow, with 30 different jobs up for grabs.

I swear I can only take one more day of this

Comment

Good luck Rep!

Comment

Bit of a strange one today, had a call from an agency today explaining I'd been forwarded for a role in Liverpool regarding a previous conversation (this never happened). Also asked if I was based in Wigan (which I haven't for ages), when I asked him to check my CV he corrected himself. Now wants me to have an interview with the agency first, to check If I'm suitable. Got a funny feeling about the whole thing though.

Comment

Sounds like they got your details from somewhere and most likely out of date ones at that. Does sound a little bit dodgy...make sure you take your rape alarm just in case.

Comment

As Fader alluded, these agencies are all struggling for business so will want to sound like they've got AAAAALLLLLLL your details and stuff but may just have stuff scraped of the 'net. Check them out as well as you can and if they look ok then just update your profile with them so that it's accurate.

Comment

IT Support job in Logistics, start Monday Thought it would never happen.

Comment

W00t! Nice going squire.

Comment

Well done, sounds the same as my job title, any detail on your duties?

Comment

Congrats! I'm in a new job too... just remember every job starts hard and gets easier

Comment

Thanks chaps, I honestly have no idea what I have to do yet, but I'll be on the nightshift (10-6), so hopefully a lot of time to pick things up. It took the best part of 6 hours tonight before it kicked in and seemed real.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Entire night shift was laid off last night, that includes me. Devastated doesn't even come close

Comment

Ahh man

Comment

That is lame

Comment

Sorry to hear your news, sucks ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X