No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how much UPS add on for customs handling fee's??

Tempted to order a new Japan 360 from Play-Asia & just want to budget correctly & assure I have enough lube handy for the ass raping that will come from UPS ripping me off...I'm expecting about £35 VAT plus whatever they want for the pleasure of putting it through customs.

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

I recently purchased something from Japan.

On the Parcelforce tracking site, the status has been stuck on 'AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING' since 23:44 on 04-08-2009.

Is this delay normal? Should I just wait or make contact with Parcelforce?

Comment

Yeah usually its called "clearing" on status, can take a day or so extra, imo its normal, depends what you purchased tho, was it a cd, or a blow up doll etc

Comment

I see...

I purchased a palm rest:

Comment

Get outa town

Well if you are serious id probably call, pretty sure the duty on a palm rest shouldnt be a problem heh

Comment

If I remember correctly UPS charged me about £37 for my Jp 360 from Play-Asia about 3 months ago.

Comment

It's now been updated including the Tracking Event: 'RELEASED WITH CHARGES'.

I don't mind the VAT, it's the £13.50 'handling fee' that gets to me. Oh well.

Comment

Are TronixWeb customs friendly?

Comment

I've never been charged using them, but I've never bought anything substantial from them (Single games only).

Comment

Thanks, I was going to buy Monster Hunter from them.

Comment

No problem. They're also incredibly fast in my experience.

Comment

Just stick a request for the Customs to be marked down in the comments field of your order and you'll be fine; they've marked down everything I've ever ordered from them.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Slightly OT but still customs related.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much the customs/VAT charges would be on approx $300USD worth of jewellery from the US? MSE seems to say add 30% worst case scenario but I am hearing stories from work saying its more like 50%-100%!!!

Thanks all

Comment

Hmmm... only a guess but I reckon 5 quid for import duty, 35 quid for VAT and 10 quid or so for the service fee... so you're probably looking at 50 quid total roughly.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for that. Think I'll just give it a go. Surely worst case scenario will be about £50 ish.........

Comment

Working...
                                X