No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their VAT and duty free only apply to the UK. I don't know of any other arrangements they have made with other countries. You may like to check out their site to see if there is any information there.

I think they now do free delivery worldwide.

Admittedly their prices are higher than the cost of a PS2 in the UK, but the price does represent pretty good value for money when you take potential charges into account.

Comment

I got the PS2 because all i seemed to be able to get was ?100 second hand or ?125 brand new (in white). So with the unlikely option of getting slammed by customs I thought sod it.

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
        I got the PS2 because all i seemed to be able to get was ?100 second hand or ?125 brand new (in white). So with the unlikely option of getting slammed by customs I thought sod it.
        i was going to get the ceramic one from them as well - but just before i ordered it one appear on ebay and was listed incorrectly

the ebay auction finished at ?91 and it was brand new - so wee bit lucky

Comment

jammy sod

I had to buy it in white to go with my future purchase of a jap Saturn and maybe PCE Duo-R.

you managed to get a copy of mushi yet?

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
            jammy sod

I had to buy it in white to go with my future purchase of a jap Saturn and maybe PCE Duo-R.

you managed to get a copy of mushi yet?
            yeah

getting castlevania from him and he offered that as well

so i had to take it

Comment

I received a customs bill from Fex Ex for a PSP I bought, I couldn't understand the VAT charge or the included paperwork so I emailed them asking for a breakdown on the charges.

I had one email back a couple of days later saying my query had been received and would be dealt with.

A week later I had heard nothing so rang them up to ask the same. It was explained so I said fair enough - I'd like to pay over the phone right now. I was told I couldn't pay as the charge had been on hold as I had previously disputed it and I would have to wait for a reply to my original email before I could pay.

This was a month ago now, has this happened to anyone else? I've emailed since and got no reply.

Pete

Comment

hellbelly you may have got bumped... they are stalling because they don't want to show you how much you were being ripped off...

btw how much are they asking you to pay?

Comment

Today I got an email!

Details of charges here:
                  Declared Value of goods - ?80
                  Pre-landing delivery charge - ?24
                  Post landing delivery cost - ?7.36

Above added up - ?111.36

VAT on above total at 17.5% - ?19.49

Then ?4.50 admin fee

It took them weeks to explain it to me.

Pete

Comment

Declared Value of goods - ?80

Pre-landing delivery charge - ?24
                    Post landing delivery cost - ?7.36

Above added up - ?111.36

VAT on above total at 17.5% - ?19.49

Then ?4.50 admin fee
                    Complete c*cksucking tosspots. What's the point in importing from online shops, there is no point. From ?80 to 135.35 - f*ck that ?55.00 (you'd be lucky to sell it for that on ebay 8) /joke).

Comment

What's the point in importing from online shops, there is no point.
                      I think that's the idea they have.

Comment

there is though as theres yesasia as they pay the vat for you when it get to the uk and if you get taxed they'll refund you and give you credit to spend on somthing as i heard they send psps sometimes by courier so it gets straight to you

plus when you buy from outside the uk get it marked down i always do and have avoided loads of tax

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                          there is though as theres yesasia as they pay the vat for you when it get to the uk and if you get taxed they'll refund you and give you credit to spend on somthing as i heard they send psps sometimes by courier so it gets straight to you

plus when you buy from outside the uk get it marked down i always do and have avoided loads of tax
                          with yesasia you only get that if you choose the vat free option - which is only normal airmail, some like to get their stuff very quickly

and you are putting yourself at risk if you get items marked down - what would happen if a parcel went missing from a seller you asked to mark the value down

would you take the hit since it was under insured?

Comment

yes i would as get them to mark the value to half on big items and if its just a couple of games mark it down to $25

Comment

Quote:
                              What's the point in importing from online shops, there is no point.
                              I think that's the idea they have.
                              Since this in the context of how the customer looks at it, your point is invalid. But if you look forward to getting ass-raped on customs and extortionate postage fees then that's your perogative.

Comment

Guys.. need some advice.

If I have a friend in the state's who's willing to send me an xbox360 through a courier (e.g. ups or dhl), and he marks the package as "gift", then am I going to be hit by customs charges or not? Should he mark the value as $400 or below... Thanks for any advice..

Comment

Working...
                                X