Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if The Witcher 2 (UK) is region free?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      be interested in that too,

but the chinese version (according to play asia) plays on a PAL xbox, as well as an ntsc-j unit (wondering if it will have English text though?)

Comment

Added Child of Eden PAL to the list, and can confirm that PAL Castlevania: LoS, Bulletstorm and Saints Row The Third are entirely region-free (work on both NTSC-US and NTSC-J).

Sadly, trying to get PAL FFXIII-2 to work is like trying to fit a Square game in a round disc-drive. Completely region-locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I think it was mentioned in the first play thread that UK one would work in NTSC-J console.

Comment

That was me that tried it - it worked fine in my NTSC-J machine but did not load on my NTSC-U one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Oh yeah, Mass Effect 3 PAL is region free. Confirmed it on my Asian console.
              Thank you, ordered this!

Comment

anyone know if pal
                Akai Katana Shin will work on a japanese machine

Comment

Has anyone tried Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? It's just dropped to ?16.85!!! (Same price on PS3, but I don't have one)

Zavvi have Catherine for ?14.95 today, but apparently it's region-locked. (Also same price on PS3)

Sorry eastyy, I can't find any Akai Katana Shin information.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                    anyone know if pal
                    Akai Katana Shin will work on a japanese machine
                    It won't. As I discovered today

Comment

Ubisoft 360 games are normally region free right? Wondering because might preorder Ghost Recon.

Comment

PenguinJim: You are now the thread starter, so can update the first post in the thread.

Comment

Hehe, thanks charlesr! Updated! But you'll probably need to replace me soon, too, as thanks to some fantastic bargains these past couple of years and the help of lots of thread contributors here I've pretty much got all the games I want!

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Ubisoft 360 games are normally region free right? Wondering because might preorder Ghost Recon.
                          Taking Assassin's Creed as an example, AC2 PAL was region-free but AC: Brotherhood PAL was locked to PAL and NTSC-J only. Play-Asia claims that AC: Revelations PAL is region-free.

So the chances are good, perhaps very good, but not perfect.

Comment

Any word on Dragon's Dogma? It's looking to be my kind of game, but Play-Asia don't seem to know.
                            Last edited by charlesr; 15-06-2012, 12:28.

Comment

Looks like they heard me and updated! Apparently region-free. There's a demo which I've just tried, and it's rather good fun.

Comment

Binary Domain confirmed and added.

Comment

Working...
                                X