Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another Bordersdown exclusive, as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 PAL is confirmed as working on an NTSC-J 360!

Edit: anyone who's wanting a copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2 (the PAL version is completely locked), I've ordered one for about $30 from Play-Asia, which is as cheap as a US copy is likely to get for the foreseeable future. :P Works on NTSC-US and NTSC-J! (Make sure to go back and review all of your old orders, as you might get $0.50 account credit for a decent review!)
    Last edited by charlesr; 15-06-2012, 12:26.

Comment

Did we ever hear about PAL Silent Hill Downpour working on an NTSC-J console?

Comment

I couldn't find anything.

(I think I've posted this before, but in addition to checking Play-Asia now that they have European titles regularly, I also check:

This is a list of all Xbox 360 games and their region compatibility. † Multi-player will only work with the same region as the game. *** The Polish version of Grand Theft Auto V works on all consoles. ** Korean Version of BioShock will ONLY run on NTSC-J consoles, however, the Japanese Version will run on PAL consoles! †† Outland + From Dust + Beyond Good & Evil HD pack. Polish version tested, playable in English.

(although due to their occasional mistakes, I only update our list with our own members' confirmed findings!))

Comment

Great work Jim, well done !!.

Comment

Thanks, Robster, but YOU KILLED THE THREAD!

Comment

does pal skyrim work on a japanese machine ?

Edit says on one those links it doesnt
              Last edited by eastyy; 19-07-2012, 09:56.

Comment

PAL Kane & Lynch 2 works on an Asian console.

Comment

I know it's only out this week, but if anyone could confirm/deny whether PAL Sleeping Dogs works on an NTSC-J console I'd really appreciate it

Comment

Can anyone verify if Armored Core For Answer (UK) works on a US console? The idiots in the US want $30+ for a "Like New" copy of the NTSC version.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      I know it's only out this week, but if anyone could confirm/deny whether PAL Sleeping Dogs works on an NTSC-J console I'd really appreciate it
                      Yes I heard it does

Comment

Is there a list anywhere for PAL games on an NTSC-U system? It's all JPN on PAL, or PAL on JPN, but almost nothing on USA.

Anyway, the games in question. Will the PAL versions of these work on NTSC-U?

Bomberman Act Zero
                        DOA Xtreme 2
                        MagnaCarta II
                        Onechanbara

Also, is there a list of US exclusive 360 games anywhere? Or JPN and US exclusive - as in never released in PAL land?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper187 View Post
                          Can anyone verify if Armored Core For Answer (UK) works on a US console? The idiots in the US want $30+ for a "Like New" copy of the NTSC version.
                          I apologise for being so late with my reply, but I had AC4A PAL and it was completely region-locked to PAL. Won't work on NTSC-J or NTSC-US. If you can avoid rushing in, I managed to get a copy for US$24 delivered (internationally) after a few weeks of patient eBaying (which still made it my most expensive game in 2011! I'm super-cheap ).

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                            Is there a list anywhere for PAL games on an NTSC-U system? It's all JPN on PAL, or PAL on JPN, but almost nothing on USA.
                            When I've added PAL games to this thread, I've always reported their workings on both NTSC-US and NTSC-J. Initially I expected to only be submitting maybe five or six games - not list-worthy - but I think I'm quite a bit higher than that now. At some point I might trawl back through the thread and put together a mini-list to add to the OP. Play-Asia now has a few PAL compatibility details, and you can also use the 99%-accurate sites like:

This is a list of all Xbox 360 games and their region compatibility. † Multi-player will only work with the same region as the game. *** The Polish version of Grand Theft Auto V works on all consoles. ** Korean Version of BioShock will ONLY run on NTSC-J consoles, however, the Japanese Version will run on PAL consoles! †† Outland + From Dust + Beyond Good & Evil HD pack. Polish version tested, playable in English.

Comment

Tekken tag 2 pal version works on my japanese xbox 360

Comment

gears of war 3 PAL and FIFA 13 PAL

Hi All,

Does gears of war 3 (PAL version) work on an Ntsc-J xbox 360 console? And will FIFA 13 (PAL version) work on an ntsc-j console?

I know FIFA 13's not out yet, but it will good to know asap.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X