Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VGP have tested WE7 for the 360 and it's not region free, apparently.

Want to be in the know on whats happening here at Videogamesplus.ca? Check back often for updates on hidden gems, preorders shipping and upcoming promotions and sales and more.

Comment

Thought i'd list this as it still hasn't come out in Pal land.

USA King of Fighers NeoWave - works ok on my Pal Xbox and on Live

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
        I'd like to know if the PAL version is region free for a NTSC-J console....
        Not exactly what you're after but the PAL version of Crackdown works fine on my US system.

VG+ have also confirmed that the US version is region free.

I'd say it's a very safe bet it will work fine

Comment

Ok i've just tested aload of various Playmore Ntsc Xbox games on a standard uk xbox.

Games tested that worked.
          Samurai Shodown V USA
          King of Fighters NeoWave USA
          King of Fighters NeoWave JAP

Games tested that didn't work.
          KOF 2002 JAP
          KOF 2003 JAP
          KOF Maximum Impact Maniax JAP
          KOF Maximum Impact Maniax USA

Oddly though the USA combo release of KoF '02 and '03 only has region on one disk. KOF 2002 USA is region free, and KOF 2003 USA is not.

Were these 2 games only released in the USA as a 2 in 1, similar to the USA PS2 release of the KOF '00/01 2 in 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
            Does anyone know if Crackdown Asian Vers is region free? Play Asia just says '?'
            I will hopefully be able to test at the weekend when my Asian version arrives & I can get it round my brothers to test on his PAL machine.

Will let you know as soon as...although Play-Asia are now listing it as out of stock/out of print so not even sure if you can buy it anymore??

Will keep ya posted.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I will hopefully be able to test at the weekend when my Asian version arrives & I can get it round my brothers to test on his PAL machine.

Will let you know as soon as...although Play-Asia are now listing it as out of stock/out of print so not even sure if you can buy it anymore??

Will keep ya posted.

Neil
              Yeah I noticed it had been pulled too. They probably wont get anymore stock.
              Nevermind. I'll just wait til the PAL version drops down to ?20ish (by Xmas!!)

Comment

Anyone know if Painkiller (Xbox,US) is region free, Video Games Plus have this for about ?8 at the moment and i neeed it!!!

Comment

Those Xbox 1 region-free games; am I to take the list to mean that PAL versions of those games will work in my Japanese Xbox360?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Those Xbox 1 region-free games; am I to take the list to mean that PAL versions of those games will work in my Japanese Xbox360?
                    Yes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
                      Yes!!!!
                      Ok, well, Fable is in that list, and it's in the Xbox 360 compat list - but does anyone know if Lost Chapters Fable is multi-region? Because if so, I'd be getting that instead.

Comment

Asian copy of Crackdown arrived today and it works on my PAL machine. Includes the Halo 3 beta too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                          Asian copy of Crackdown arrived today and it works on my PAL machine. Includes the Halo 3 beta too.
                          Did you get it from Play Asia? If so was this the version you bought
                          Crackdown for Xbox360Brilliant experience from a legendary game designer. From Dave Jones, the creative mastermind behind “Grand Theft Auto” and “Lemmings,” comes “Crackdown,” an explosive masterpiece set to define open-world, free-form next-generation gaming.True next-generation visuals. Harnessing the power of Xbox 360, “Crackdown” players enforce justice against the backdrop of a crime-ridden metropolis that is massive in scale, monstrous in scope and meticulous in detail. The unique presentation style employs a highly stylized rendering technique that turns the game into a living graphical novel.Cooperative gameplay for double the mayhem. From the gameÀs initial concept to final design, Real Time Worlds focused ...

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
                            Did you get it from Play Asia? If so was this the version you bought
                            http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1iiv.html
                            Yes and yes.

Comment

I've been searching the usual places for this info but haven't found anything definitive.

Anyone know if Dance Dance Revolution Universe (just released in USA) is likely to be runnable on a PAL or an NTSC-J 360?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Davidson View Post
                                Anyone know if Dance Dance Revolution Universe (just released in USA) is likely to be runnable on a PAL or an NTSC-J 360?

Cheers!
                                According to Play-Asia US version DDR does not work with PAL or JPN 360s.

Comment

Working...
                                X