Japan Train Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan Train Games

As I'm clearly becoming a deviant, I've taken more of an interest in train games recently as they're so relaxing. But those were on PC and more bent towards a realism I don't want any part of! After an episode of ConsoleVania, I've been made aware of the Tetsudo Nippon series and have been sniffing around (Deep breath) Tetsudo Nippon! Real Pro Tokkyu Soko! Nagoya Tetsudo-hen for the Nintendo Switch.

As I'm so far away from train games, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this series and would recommend Tetsudo Nippon! Real Pro Tokkyu Soko! Nagoya Tetsudo-hen as one of the best? Of course, I'm also looking at one of those awesome Zuiki train controllers too.

Here's some links of the 2 I'm considering.

Tetsudo Nippon! Real Pro Tokkyu Soko! Nagoya Tetsudo-hen - https://amzn.asia/d/bMI4oI9
    Zuiki Tran Controller - https://amzn.asia/d/64AMxne
    Last edited by Wools; 18-02-2024, 09:52.

I have both of those you listed as i recently got the tetsudo nippon real pro game the other day, there's also another one under that real pro title. I gave it a quick go last night and it's a bit more tricky to play as it's not quite like densha de go, there's less hand holding so even arrinving at the platform and lining up is a lot harder than densha it has the same power and brake lever setup as densha but the screen layout is a bit different. If you are really wanting to go down the rabbit hole for train games i'd personally recommend starting with densha de go on switch as it's a bit easier to figure out stuff but be aware theres a lot of japanese in all of them. Also densha doesn't support the zuiki controller out of the box it weirdly came out after densha was released so it needs a software update to let the game detect it & it needs enabling in the options menu but it plays amazing with one.

With the tetsudo nippon real pro games controller support is built in there from the start. The zuiki train controller now comes in quite a few colours since it's original black densha de go release but the thing is really high quality in all of them. It's not cheap though and it's heavy so you are gonna get hit quite hard with the shipping price but if you really want to go all out i recommend it.

This is the other tetsudo nippon real pro game.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E9%89%84%E9%81%93%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A3%E3%81%BD%E3%8 2%93-RealPro-%E7%89%B9%E6%80%A5%E3%83%AD%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3%E3%8 2%B9%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC-%E5%B0%8F%E7%94%B0%E6%80%A5%E9%9B%BB%E9%89%84%E7%B 7%A8-Switch/dp/B0CJBCSLSC/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=U68oI&content-id=amzn1.sym.92b41ba0-4204-4cd0-a14e-446ccb8ded9c%3Aamzn1.symc.68e5a0fb-0798-4a4d-861b-9ece178914b2&pf_rd_p=92b41ba0-4204-4cd0-a14e-446ccb8ded9c&pf_rd_r=RTZN9G68K24AHG48AWD0&pd_rd_wg =dt72W&pd_rd_r=43666e1a-83b7-422d-b2eb-6255c8c52711&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

This is the controller in blue, there's also options on that page to see the red one too. At one point they also sold a translucent smoke black one but i cant seem to find that one on amazon anymore.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0CSFN8BBL/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0CSFN8BBL&pd_r d_w=qf2CR&content-id=amzn1.sym.f293be60-50b7-49bc-95e8-931faf86ed1e&pf_rd_p=f293be60-50b7-49bc-95e8-931faf86ed1e&pf_rd_r=9DYKYAWF187NQT5WVT62&pd_rd_wg =WFOJN&pd_rd_r=650e3180-1b69-42a2-a255-a37a307dd325&s=videogames&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zc F9kZXRhaWw
    Last edited by importaku; 08-02-2024, 05:37.

Comment

That is some amazing information importaku thank you!

I’ve noticed in a video that the Japanese text is a bit more difficult to penetrate to UK eyes so will have to take that into consideration. M2’s Shot Triggers releases are very friendly to English speakers so may have to consider this.

From your side, when you’re playing, is it fairly okay to read the UI and play the game, and is the difficulty just wrapped up in the UI Menus?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        That is some amazing information importaku thank you!

I’ve noticed in a video that the Japanese text is a bit more difficult to penetrate to UK eyes so will have to take that into consideration. M2’s Shot Triggers releases are very friendly to English speakers so may have to consider this.

From your side, when you’re playing, is it fairly okay to read the UI and play the game, and is the difficulty just wrapped up in the UI Menus?
        The tricky part in densha is learning what it expects you to have to do, mainly making sure you are under the speed limit in set sections of the route or pressing the check button when you are expected to but there are also other things that you need to know and they are a bit harder. On certain stages on top of getting there on time & lined up at the platform there's a list of things you need to do before you complete a route or you'll fail the level. Some are weird like you have to toot your horn at a set station to please the train fans. Others are turning your lights of as other trains approach then back on when they pass.

There are videos online of people playing it which might give you a bit more of a clue what to do. Neither the game or the controller are exactly cheap so i'd recommend you really look into it and have a think. If i find a proper tutorial on youtube i#ll post it up on here. It's been a while so i can't remember all the conditions off the top of my head of things it may ask you to do in a level to pass.

Comment

This is early footage of Japanese train game called Running Train. Made in U5 by apparently by a solo developer (Rizu). Here's some notes from the dev:

Bit gameplay of my current personal indie game train driving simulator project 「走る列車」 [RUNNING TRAIN]. It still underdevelopment. So, it's not indicative final product. This game is where you become train driver in rural fictional rural Japan railway. There will be various train service you can driving with route total almost 70km featuring coastal, valley, and flat landscape. It still in early development progress.
          Planned for PC only as far as I can tell which saddens me a little, but hey doesn't she look lovely?

Comment

Might not be quite what you're after based on the other titles you've listed, but taking the thread title entirely at face value it would be remiss not to mention the very Japanese, very train-centric Nostalgic Train.

More of a walking sim than a train one, but if you're after the vibes of small-town rural Japan, complete with sunsets and the sound of cicadas, this could be worth a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Might not be quite what you're after based on the other titles you've listed, but taking the thread title entirely at face value it would be remiss not to mention the very Japanese, very train-centric Nostalgic Train.
              I hadn't heard of this. Just got it. It looks lovely. Thanks for mentioning it!

Comment

This looks like a lovely stroll and total antithesis to my Helldivers2 addiction right now, i'[m going to get this.

Comment

Working...
                X