Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling NTSC collections ins and outs

Thanks for the add.

Anyone (UK based) sold their collection to importers? Ive had enough of the torture bay dance and the fact that Facebook marketplace is obsessed with PAL games.

I've got a solid collection of spares to move along, JP, US, PS1, 2, Saturn, good stuff very little filler if any. Im going to ask a few sites..videogameimports, genki., games galaxy up in Consett....just wondered if there were any recommendations, and what sort of price hit am I talking?

Oh and i'll list them here in the trading section.

When I sold my collection back in the late 00's (I appreciate time has moved on!) it took over a year of selling individual games on NTSC-UK, Rllmuk and eBay. When I sold off the hot ticket items, I gathered bundles together and sold them on the same 3 places. It was drawn out and I had to put up with a lot of ****, but eventually, I got rid that way.

In recent years, I've found eBay to be brilliant for single games and consoles if I list as an auction, have no reserve, and a large amount of cash for postage, always sending through 1st class signed for or special delivery, as there's less chance of people playing silly buggers. I've had loads of messages like 'Will you sell it for X' or 'Postage is high mate, how about 50p?' but you just ignore and carry on. Facebook marketplace, unless it's for free or for selling furniture, I wouldn't touch with a barge poll for selling electronic goods or games. I tried to sell an old Apple Watch through there several years ago and got lots of requests for 'My brother will come and collect and give you a cheque' and a Motorcyclist (Well, he was in all leather) told me to **** off when I told him it's Pay Pal only and I've already sold it.

I feel if you list your games here, you'll get some nibbles from us lot and as long as it's not taking the piss price wise, you may get some offers in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
      When I sold my collection back in the late 00's (I appreciate time has moved on!) it took over a year of selling individual games on NTSC-UK, Rllmuk and eBay. When I sold off the hot ticket items, I gathered bundles together and sold them on the same 3 places. It was drawn out and I had to put up with a lot of ****, but eventually, I got rid that way.

In recent years, I've found eBay to be brilliant for single games and consoles if I list as an auction, have no reserve, and a large amount of cash for postage, always sending through 1st class signed for or special delivery, as there's less chance of people playing silly buggers. I've had loads of messages like 'Will you sell it for X' or 'Postage is high mate, how about 50p?' but you just ignore and carry on. Facebook marketplace, unless it's for free or for selling furniture, I wouldn't touch with a barge poll for selling electronic goods or games. I tried to sell an old Apple Watch through there several years ago and got lots of requests for 'My brother will come and collect and give you a cheque' and a Motorcyclist (Well, he was in all leather) told me to **** off when I told him it's Pay Pal only and I've already sold it.

I feel if you list your games here, you'll get some nibbles from us lot and as long as it's not taking the piss price wise, you may get some offers in.
      hiya, thanks for the reply its appreciated

im finding no bites on ebay and ive got some really good stuff, its more down to me wishing to slim down rather than offload filler..im talking quality ps1, 2, saturn shmups, some great usa ps1 and 2s..cave shooters, treasure, konami, no tat!

ill get some photos up, i think my prices are decent but im maybe not the greatest expert that way. I know ntscuk is gone but rllmuk is a good shout, i might register over there again. And list here too

facebook i kep getting offered the usual scams, thats a dead duck. Honestly embarrassing over on that platform.

Comment

Originally posted by shmuppet View Post
        ill get some photos up, i think my prices are decent but im maybe not the greatest expert that way. I know ntscuk is gone but rllmuk is a good shout, i might register over there again. And list here too
        NTSC isn't completely gone- it was reborn as this place.

Comment

Ebay is the only place to really find a big audience.

The problem is that you're competing on price with plenty of professional sellers who are happy to sit on high BINs for a very long time until they finally get a bite.

If you just want rid though, you can get it moving fast on there. Plenty of full time Ebayers will snap your stuff up fast if they think they're getting enough of a deal to make a decent margin out of reselling it.

Personally when I've gotten rid I've always tended to price stuff a bit below market rate just to get it moving.

Comment

Cheers for the replies, i think ive priced pretty low, i could post the list here ..im just working on uploading some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by shmuppet View Post

hiya, thanks for the reply its appreciated

im finding no bites on ebay and ive got some really good stuff, its more down to me wishing to slim down rather than offload filler..im talking quality ps1, 2, saturn shmups, some great usa ps1 and 2s..cave shooters, treasure, konami, no tat!

facebook i kep getting offered the usual scams, thats a dead duck. Honestly embarrassing over on that platform.
              Yeah, get it posted here & see what nibbled you get!

I feel if you want top level offers then eBay is your best bet, but you’ll be dangling that line for awhile. Example: I had several Saturn games listed last year for close to their top rates and got nothing. So I listed the starting price for them to be the lowest price they’re currently going for and the set it as an auction. Some games got snapped up at an okay price, others exceeded their previous best!

It takes longer and it’s a risk, but I found eBay is the best for selling, as long as you list a low price to get the auction started (Accepting the game may sell for your low price) and then hoping the auction frenzy starts!

Comment

List going into the trade section shortly
                Last edited by shmuppet; Yesterday, 11:21.

Comment

shmuppet you need to put this in the trading sub-forum, assuming you have access.

Comment

I will yeah I was just showing the stuff I was on about, sorry ill remove the list

Comment

Working...
                    X