No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the information have to be correct, like, do I need to have an adress that exist, or is it like with the US-copy of Final Fantasy XI, where I just wrote something like NorwayStreet 56 (which doesn't exist at all as far as I know)?

And how is it with the credit-card? Is it like with the Wii, when you buy games online, or is it a bit more tricky?

Comment

I dont know about the credit card but I think just as long as the postal/zip code is real. My PS account say I live at 121 Anywhere, Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakForYou View Post
        I dont know about the credit card but I think just as long as the postal/zip code is real. My PS account say I live at 121 Anywhere, Miami.
        So I can use my Norwegian postal code, as I do with my Nintendo Wii?

Comment

Has to be US matey. Until the Euro launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
            Has to be US matey. Until the Euro launch.
            So when the European launch is, I can use my Norwegian postal-code to buy game on the US-servers on my US-PS3? In that case, I'll just wait. No rush.

Comment

You'll have to use your US account on the US store,and your Euro account on the Euro store. A suitable/relevant post code for each account,so you wont be buying items off the US store with your Euro account.

Make sense?

Comment

Make sense, though, how do I get a US account?

Comment

When you go through the setup it asks where you want to create it for. As long as you have a valid US address, you can create an account on the store - same goes for the JP stores I believe.

Only current problem is adding a credit card for each region (I can't for instance, but other can apparently - Mastercard only I understand), but hopefully they'll introduce some other payment options in the future (Points cards for example).

Comment

my mate said he had a problem - he wasn't able to assign a HK pad with a Jpn Ps3, tried assigning to all ports etc and vice versa - whats the deal?...

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon2k4 View Post
                      my mate said he had a problem - he wasn't able to assign a HK pad with a Jpn Ps3, tried assigning to all ports etc and vice versa - whats the deal?...
                      There shouldnt be any problems at all

Comment

yeah there is a problem. im the guy hes talking about i have 2 ps3's, one jap and one HK and none of the 2 pads i have will work on the other machine? are they actually region locking peripherals now as well!!

i mean i only just found out that i can only play HK people on resistance cause I have a HK machine which just p***ed me off.

Comment

I have a Hong kong console but dont have any probelms with the pads

As far as I know pads are not region locked

EDIT have you reasigned the pads to each machine by plugging them in?

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
                            I have a Hong kong console but dont have any probelms with the pads

As far as I know pads are not region locked

EDIT have you reasigned the pads to each machine by plugging them in?

thanks man, my fault i was being dumb for a while!

Comment

now the only bad thing is me having to play resistance with about 6 people from HK instead of the 1000's of people on US servers. lovely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kane1345 View Post
                                now the only bad thing is me having to play resistance with about 6 people from HK instead of the 1000's of people on US servers. lovely!!
                                ACE isnt it

Im on most days and nights lol johnno15

Comment

Working...
                                X