No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a US PS3, with 1.32 firmware, downloaded 1.5 firmware, installed, played PAL Virtua Tennis 3. No issues whatsoever. Simple.

Comment

What's the deal with people using a euro ps3 on SD TV sets? Does it have a 60hz mode in the dash? Or is everything still bordered and slow? Sorry if this has been asked already.

Comment

And what about the downloadable games? I have a Japanese PS3 and tried to download GT HD from the Euro PS store. When I start it, the PS3 shows "game is not supported". Now I am downloading the RFOM and RR7 demo to try those as well... Does somebody here know more about PAL <-> NTSC issues?

Comment

Originally posted by avkooi View Post
          And what about the downloadable games? I have a Japanese PS3 and tried to download GT HD from the Euro PS store. When I start it, the PS3 shows "game is not supported". Now I am downloading the RFOM and RR7 demo to try those as well... Does somebody here know more about PAL <-> NTSC issues?
          Are you running stuff in standard definition (on a non-hdtv) by any chance. If you are I think the problem is that standard def PAL stuff runs in 576i (50hz) which is a resolution ntsc machines don't support.

Comment

Perhaps a known issues list with dl games would be useful? I can confirm that Blast Factor and Gripshift work fine on an NTSC unit (when dl from Euro store). Tekken does not work.

Comment

Out of interest when you say Tekken doesn't work, what's happening with it? Is it what tom-nook said above?

I ask because I didn't think there were any content restrictions on stuff from the various stores?

Comment

I've downloaded Tekken: DR from EU store onto the NTSC-U machine and it runs with no problems.

This is at 1080I via component.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  I've downloaded Tekken: DR from EU store onto the NTSC-U machine and it runs with no problems.

This is at 1080I via component.
                  Same here, at 1080p via HDMI. Looks loverly Same for Lemmings too, disappointed that the original levels aren't in there though.

Comment

thats what downloadable content is for! lol

Comment

How odd. I get an error message (this game is not supported or somesuch), and run a standard SD TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin View Post
                        Tekken does not work.

I think he meant at standard def.

Comment

Ah I see - sounds like it is the 50hz issue that tom-nook mentioned then.

Comment

Regarding Pal games on a ntsc system, both Ridge Racer 7 & Resistance work perfectly on my Jap PS3.

Comment

Does anyone know yet if Jap and US games work on the Pal (UK) PS3's yet? I'm just intrested to see if it is a multi region console.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X