NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they replace it then?

Think they are just slow wireless, try turning it a little as someone here said that worked for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
      Did they replace it then?
      Yeah, I got it in the end 2 months late, 2 days ago! I feared the worse as the box was rattling inside the cardboard box and when I did open it, the PS3 box wasn't sealed! (My mate in Japan told me all new PS3's sold are sealed)

luckily, when I opened it up it was mint. The PS3 truly is massive!

I slapped it on and it worked for 5 mins then didnt work...
      I found it was a dodgy kettle lead!

But all in all, it works fine now.

I'm just glad I got this outta the way. SuperUFO making me pay US $80 to have another PS3 sent to me was taking the piss but they had me by my balls...

Comment

Does anyone know what's the max sized lappy SATA HDD the PS3 will take?
        I'm sure I read that it uses FAT32...
        Does this mean I can't use a lappy SATA HDD bigger than 120 GB?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
          Does anyone know what's the max sized lappy SATA HDD the PS3 will take?
          I'm sure I read that it uses FAT32...
          Does this mean I can't use a lappy SATA HDD bigger than 120 GB?
          I'm pretty sure the PS3 doesn't use FAT32 for its hard-drive, although it obviously does for memory cards. I'm sure I read that on a freshly-formatted PS3 hard-drive there are arbitrary encrypted blocks around the FS, and I'd guess that this precludes FAT.

Googling, however, I can't find references to this. All I can find is blog entries - the curse of Google - which say 160gig should be possible but all referencing an original blog entry in which they put a 120gig drive in.

There's also a rumour that Sony plan a 200gig model of PS3, which would suggest any old 200gig drive would work, but this rumour looks like typical unfounded internet bollox.

Stroller.

PS: Oh, hang on.... here ya go: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/post1-172147.html - that article says "the HDD is encrypted with a (most probably) Sony proprietary format". By my reading that could mean it's FAT32 formatted but no-one gets to know that for sure because the encryption is over the top of that, but I think that's highly unlikely. If Sony have gone to all that effort over the hard-drive then they've probably written enough of the code themselves that they'll ensure it'll support the size of drives that'll be cheap in 2 or 4 years time.

Comment

Right then.

I'm a bit annoyed. After the recent update of my EE enabled PS3 I go to play a PS2 game. WE10.

It is letterboxed into 4:3.

Thanks a lot Sony, is there any way I can have it back in Widescreen like it was before the update?

Any help appreciated.

Is this covered by the full screen option onthe upscaler?

Comment

Yes, it is. Just set the scaler to full screen and it will do it.

Comment

Cheers saif - not really any improvement there but I guess the option to have one or the other is quite nice...

Comment

How can you play Winning Eleven with fat players, just looks weird to me in widescreen.

Comment

The scaler is a bit wierd - it does not do it at a 16:9 but chops a little off the sides but full height. Looks OK but it does work with fat players.

Comment

Does anyone know if I should enable UPnP? Even if I enable it, it doesn't see that it works as it says my router has UPnP disabled even though it is enabled.

And in any case, should we be even having UPnP on anyway?

Comment

I don't mind the chubby players - I'm used to it now.

However just tested I.Q Remix+ and it does not work. I love that little beaut too...

Comment

Ok thinking about a PS3 now so will an ntsc one run pal stuff ok? as I really want singstar and want to know if an NTSC ps3 will be ok? thank you

Also does the ps2 version of singstar work on ps3???
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2007, 20:41.

Comment

My american ps3 has played both of the demo disks that have come with the official uk playstation magazine so far without problem, even if you restrict the output to 480p. Even the operation system upgrade on the disks worked on the american console. Both disks have demanded I upgrade the operating system before letting me use them.

Brian

Comment

My PlayStation 3 has some PSN games on it that were bought with the previous owner's account. However, now that I've deleted that account off the system, they no longer work.

Is there a workaround, or will they need to be bought again?

Comment

You have to add the user again which would mean asking the previous owner for the email address and password used when registering.

A question of my own-I no longer get thumbnails for the videos on my machine, any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X