No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh i see, i'll look in to hooking up via my LT then, thanks all.

Comment

I don't know if my question has been asked yet, but if you play PAL PS3 games in HD (720p, 1080i, 1080p) will they run in 50hz or 60hz? Will the 50hz be slower?

Comment

HD will always be at 60Hz for PS3 games.

Comment

What if you run PAL blu-ray movies? Will they be 50hz or 60hz?

Comment

Depends on the disc, but generally anything that is a film (24p) will be played back at 60Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              R&C was the only game that offered an update. It was only to add vibration function anyway.
              I thought Motorstorm did too?

Comment

What's the cheapest and best HD TV to support 60Hz on a PAL PS3?

Comment

Bought a 60gb Japanese one, should arrive tomorrow (woo).... is it wrong I only bought it to get Earth Defence Force 2 ... could have just bought a PS2 and the game.... but naaa what's the point =)

Is it still only Resistance that has servers by region ?

Comment

So I got a USA PS3 coming...but I need to find a 5amp lead !!!!! I thought I may have one in the loft, but the only one was 10amp 250v, and I am guessing that wont work. I cant even see one on the Maplin store. Also all the kettles in Argos are now coreless (the one on a base) Doh !!

Any ideas on where to get one ???

Comment

if its the same as what pc power supplies use then any computer shop will have them for a couple of quid

the 10amp lead will work as its only got a bigger fuse which you could change to 5amp if you wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by harlowlad View Post
                        So I got a USA PS3 coming...but I need to find a 5amp lead !!!!! I thought I may have one in the loft, but the only one was 10amp 250v, and I am guessing that wont work. I cant even see one on the Maplin store.
                        The number of amps is maximum, so a 10amp lead will happily support a device that draws only 5amps.

The common alternative suggestion is "ask the IT department at work" - anyone who's into computers will have about a zillion of these.

Stroller.

Comment

Is it possible to play PAL or US software games and DVDs on a Japanese unit?

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

Comment

All PS3 games are region free, so any region game will work on any unit.

PS1/2 games, Blu-Ray movies and DVD's are region coded as you know, and no way to bypass.

Comment

Thanks. I wonder why they haven't used region locking.

Comment

Games can detect the console region and adjust accordingly... for example, Japanese Virtua Fighter 5 will run in English when run on a US/EU console, and some games' online servers are dictated by console region... but this is the exception, rather than the rule.

It may also interest you to know that you can have PlayStation Network accounts from multiple regions. I have a US, UK, JP, HK and Korean account, so I can access the Store for all of those regions.

Comment

Working...
                                X