No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. I was going to bring on back from NY in las December but because I thought Sony were going to take lawsuites out on people for importing them my mum wasn't going to take that chance, then we thought about FedExing home to my sisters but it might have got damaged on the way over. But I might get one from Miami next month since it's cheaper to get them from the US instead of the UK.

Comment

can anyone confirm that a japanese version amoured core 4 plays with english language on a japanese version ps3? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakForYou View Post
        Cool. I was going to bring on back from NY in las December but because I thought Sony were going to take lawsuites out on people for importing them my mum wasn't going to take that chance, then we thought about FedExing home to my sisters but it might have got damaged on the way over. But I might get one from Miami next month since it's cheaper to get them from the US instead of the UK.
        It's never been illegal to import a PS3 for yourself, and Sony never said they would sue individual people.

However, companies importing them for resale get caught in the parallel supplying mindfield, as well as the licencing one, and that's where it gets complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
          Thinking of getting the Jap VF5 with the 10th ani Vf disc from Play asia for my soon to be bought pal ps3, are PA nice when it comes to import tax or will I get stung ?
          Just so you're aware, the anniversary disc is a PS2 game. Thus it'll be NTSC/J encoded and won't work on a PAL PS3.

Comment

It's basically the same disc that was released a few years back isn't it? Which is fine by me as I lack it, but you can still get it standalone.

Comment

+ Play Asia don't ship PS3 games to the EU.

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations on an HDMI cable? Is it worth looking for an official Sony one, or is it not worth bothering with that?

EDIT: Just noticed the Sony ones seem to have a version number (1.3 being the latest) - does that make a difference. Short term I'm going to be looking at 720P/1080i but eventually (Sooner rather than later) that's going to become 1080P and I want to make sure I'm ready.

Further EDIT: VGP are listing a 1.3 compatible cable. Been doing some reading over at AV Forums and it seems you need a 1.3 cable for 1080P?
                Last edited by Number45; 30-01-2007, 09:32.

Comment

45: It doesn't seem very likely to me (although as you know, I'm not really an authority on such things ) that you need HDMI 1.3 to do 1080p, since you can get 1080p via component. I thought that 1.3 was just a better quality than 1.1/1.2?

Quick question:

Is it possible to just download PS1/PS2 game saves from the interweb (Gamefaqs has billions, if I remember rightly) and use them on the PS3 somehow? Seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure out how to get the saves from a memory stick onto the virtual memory card on the PS3?
                  Last edited by Keith; 30-01-2007, 19:21.

Comment

Thats something I was also wondering about

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      45: It doesn't seem very likely to me (although as you know, I'm not really an authority on such things ) that you need HDMI 1.3 to do 1080p, since you can get 1080p via component. I thought that 1.3 was just a better quality than 1.1/1.2?
                      Apparently most cables are likely capable of 1080P, but a lot of them don't guarantee it. The 1.3 thing seems to add more audio features and is more linked to the ends of the cables (i.e. The PS3/TV/Amp) than the cable itself.

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      Is it possible to just download PS1/PS2 game saves from the interweb (Gamefaqs has billions, if I remember rightly) and use them on the PS3 somehow? Seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure out how to get the saves from a memory stick onto the virtual memory card on the PS3?
                      I'm sure I've seen mention of that being done, but I can't recall where.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                        I'm sure I've seen mention of that being done, but I can't recall where.
                        You know that you're the most helpful person ever, don't you?

Comment

You wouldn't have my any other way!

Comment

How much would it cost to buy the 60gig extra's seperately? That's the one to go for I take it?

Comment

You can't completely 'convert' a 20GB to a 60GB I don't think. You can obviously upgrade the HDD if you want, but you lose WiFi and (If I remember correctly) memory card slots. HDMI also?

Can't remember the whole list.

Comment

Really? They both have HDMI, just the hdd, wifi and memory card slots that are different, I checked into that!

Comment

Working...
                                X