Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if a comment has been posted elsewhere... but are there any region free 360 games not available in the UK people should consider I import?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by trav View Post
      That's fantastic. I'll PM you with details.
      Hi mate. Could you pm me your email address? I'm offline at home, router went pop, so I'm on here on my phone.

Although I'm logged in I can't access pm's, strangely. I'll see the pm though in the notification email the board sends. Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
        Hi mate. Could you pm me your email address? I'm offline at home, router went pop, so I'm on here on my phone.

Although I'm logged in I can't access pm's, strangely. I'll see the pm though in the notification email the board sends. Ta
        Sent to you now.

Comment

It's time I get a JPN 360...have a couple of questions however:

* has anyone bought one from Play Asia recently or knows what versions they usually ship?
          * is it worth to go for an Elite instead of a Pro? The only real difference is the HDD (120 vs 60 gb).
          * would a 220v power supply work with a 175v (whatever they are called) console?

Comment

All the European PSU's are 220v, you will need a 203w (first one released) or 175w (comes with Falcons and Opus') psu to run a 175w console.

Long and the short of it is a 203w will run any machine.

Comment

There, placed my order finally for 360 Arcade from videogamesplus.ca
              I've heard some nasty rumours that they ship out older 360 models that lack the Falcon chip. Would anyone be able to calm me down on this and confirm this as just a rumour?

Comment

By now they must have only Falcons and newer. Can't be any oder revisons left. Any reason why you have gone for a US console over a Japanese?

Comment

I recently got a Hong Kong 360 60gb recently with a manufactured date of March 2009... Is this likely to be a Falcon chipset?

Also, the other advantage of having a Hong Kong 360 over a Japanese 360 is that they still play all Japanese titles, they use the same 3 plug socket as what we brits use and it also won't require a stepdown.

Comment

None of them do, you just have to buy a UK psu.

Comment

What wattage is your psu? 175 is a Falcon, 150 a Jasper.

Comment

Finally got my JPN unit today...I think I've got a Falcon as the PSU output is rated at 175W.
                        Full PSU info:
                        input AC 100-127V 4.8A, 47-63hz
                        output DC 175W 12V-14.2A, 5Vsb-1A
                        So I think that this PSU should work fine, right? It's rate 175W with the same amperage and voltages (except input values of couse).

Now, what can I do with XBL? I bought a vanilla 60gb unit so it didn't came with any XBL trial period, I understand things correctly I need to buy one of these if I want a Gold account and then buy Microsoft points to buy games and DLCs.
                        The Death Smiles LE voice card will work with a standard silver account, too?

Last question: I will output with HDMI and optical audio...I already knew that MS made things so you have to get one of their own dongles but at 50 euros they are "a bit" expensive.
                        Has anyone tried to open the standard AV connector (like here http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50)? I noticed there's a "TV-HDTV" switch on the side I don't know what will happen if I break it open.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          So I think that this PSU should work fine, right?
                          Yeah, that looks good.

Now, what can I do with XBL? I bought a vanilla 60gb unit so it didn't came with any XBL trial period, I understand things correctly I need to buy one of these if I want a Gold account and then buy Microsoft points to buy games and DLCs.
                          By default, when you signup to XBL you get a 30 day trial so just sign up for a silver account. During the process, you'll be asked if you want to sign up for one of the Gold packages, or "keep silver". Just choose the latter and you should get a 30 day trial of Gold membership. Once that expires, you can then buy a subscription to keep it Gold.

BTW, you do not need a Japanese account just because you have a JPN system. You can just use a local membership, even to play JPN region games. Most people do this and only have a secondary JP account to access the exclusive JPN content etc with it.

The Death Smiles LE voice card will work with a standard silver account, too?
                          It will, yes. You only need a silver account to purchase the Mega Black Label DLC too. You'll just need to equip your JPN account with enough points to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                            What wattage is your psu? 175 is a Falcon, 150 a Jasper.
                            Hi mate! I know it's taking me a long time but I finally got off my arse and found that my Asian 360 has a PSU output of 150w, making this a jasper.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing as compared to a Falcon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                              It will, yes. You only need a silver account to purchase the Mega Black Label DLC too. You'll just need to equip your JPN account with enough points to buy it.
                              Wait, you mean the DS LE voice pack it's not free?

Thanks for everything else, I've found a nice guide at shumps on how to get a JPN account working.
                              Is this a good thing or a bad thing as compared to a Falcon?
                              Good, Jaspers draw less power and produce less waste heat than previous models.

Comment

Sorry, yes, the voice pack is indeed free. I meant you would need some JPN points to buy the MBL add-on.

Comment

Working...
                                X