Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some are in Japanese, some aren't. Pretty-much anything produced solely for Japan such as The IDOLM@STER will be in Japanese only, but with games that are released elsewhere, there's a pretty decent chance they will be in English.

For example, all of Capcom's games are in English, and most of the Microsoft Game Studio releases (Forza, Gears, Ninja Gaiden etc) are too.

Comment

So something like Modern Warfare would be in English?

Comment

In the case of Modern Warfare 2, I think it was actually completely redubbed in Japanese because it was published by SquareEnix. It's quite difficult to spot much of a pattern because a substantial amount of games do get some form of localisation, or will run in whatever language you have set your 360 to.

But Asian versions of a game are usually in English, so you can always just buy the Asian version if you're unsure. They are coded as NTSC-J. A lot of PAL/NTSC-U/C games will work on NTSC-J units anyway.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox360Prepare for the ultimate invasion! The most anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time*, Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 will strike worldwide on November 10, 2009. Activision Publishing, Inc. will release the newest installment in the groundbreaking and record-setting follow-up to the 2007 blockbuster, Call of Duty® 4: Modern WarfareTM, that has sold more than 12 million copies worldwide, to date.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
          So something like Modern Warfare would be in English?
          If you mean Call of Duty 4, then the voices in that are English, but that's all. Everything else is in Japanese.

In any event, Call of Duty games are region-free so there's no need to buy the Japanese versions.

Comment

I recently bought a ntsc-j 360 together with Ketsui and Death Smiles for £330 with preparation for new Dodonpachi game. Damn those Japanese shmups are so addictive and expensive to have if you live in Europe.

I purchased it from an online UK shop as I didn't want to pay any custom charges etc and and I think it worked overall cheaper than buying it from play asia.

I used an old power supply from my 2006 xbox 360 and everything seems to be working fine.

Comment

Which online shop? Welcome to the site by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Which online shop? Welcome to the site by the way.
                I didn't post the shop name as I wasn't sure if this was allowed.

I saw one of their bundles on sale on ebay and then I emailed them as I was only interested in buying ntsc-j console at first but this brand new bundle seems like a good deal compared to 1 more shop that I found the very console only for ?299, they emailed me back with their website address.

I don't know but I spent few hours looking to buy a ntsc-j console and games within UK but it was very hard to find anything that was considered a reasonable value.

I've had good email communication with them (I've dealt with Lee) and everything came as described and well packed. I've already pre ordered the new Dodonpachi game with them, I prefer to order from UK as I dunno about the import taxes etc and they post using traceable post.

Comment

What is the deal with step downs and the 360 slim models?

My second J360 has red ringed so I want a slim and I was wondering if a UK power supply works like it did with the old ones or if I need a step down?

Cheers!

Comment

Yes, works fine, just like the old model.

Comment

Cheers Kubrick!

Comment

OK, I have a question about reactivating my UK XBL account... Sorry if it's already been answered.

I'm thinking of getting a console here in Singapore, the standard is either US or JP, not sure which... but whatever, if I want to reactivate my UK XBL account and retain my gamertag can I do this with a locally purchased 12 month sub? Or like WoW, do I have to order a UK one from Ebay and get them to email me the code? And if that's the case are codes region free?

I hope I don't need a new account.

Thanks!
                        Dave.

Comment

You can just use your uk tag and you'll just have to order a uk Gold sub to use with it.

Comment

OK then, looks like I need someone to get me a sub then. Cheers!

I'm a bit worried at the minute, I just logged in to xbox.com using my Windows Live ID and it says my gamertag is 'PrincessWolf34' with nothing attached to it. I hope I haven't been hacked or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                              What is the deal with step downs and the 360 slim models?

My second J360 has red ringed so I want a slim and I was wondering if a UK power supply works like it did with the old ones or if I need a step down?

Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                              Yes, works fine, just like the old model.
                              So my PAL 360S PSU will power a JP 360S fine then?

On the lookout for one, where is the best(Cheapest) place to get one from these days? Only need a 4GB model.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                                So my PAL 360S PSU will power a JP 360S fine then?

On the lookout for one, where is the best(Cheapest) place to get one from these days? Only need a 4GB model.
                                Guy called Rancor on Shmups will send you one and mark it down, got mine from him great service.
                                Will set you back best part of $400 Inc EMS.

Comment

Working...
                                X