No announcement yet.

Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The source code for the PS2 version of the game will belong to Arika. If it wasn't included in the agreement between Cave and 5pb for the 360 ports they are not entitled to use it.

The entire situation with the 360 port of DOJ has been pretty messy from start to finish. From Microsoft's refusal to allow them on XBLA, to constant missed release dates, the "sloppy" nature of the final port and now this.

Still, I'm glad I picked up a copy last month now, despite not owning a JP 360 yet. The original release version (pre-recode) may be a genuine rarity in a few years.

Comment

ahh ok i am with you sorry i thought the source code would be for all inc the arcade game

Personally i will not bother with this do don pachi game i hope they convert the more recent arcade game

Comment

Its likely next year some time. I think DOJ is the better game though (although DFK is excellent).

Comment

Posts at both Cave-STG and Shmups are suggesting that ESPGaluda II is on its way to the 360.

Originally posted by hirounder @ shmups forums
          In a fiscal report Cave published today there's little bit on planned releases for so called consumer market, along Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles II they mention Espgaluda II aswell...no platform, but it's safe to guess it'll be Xbox360 again.

http://www.cave.co.jp/ir/archives/ir...9/ir090713.pdf ...bottom of page 23
          Brilliant news - I bloody love ESPGaluda II. I was a big fan of the original too, but IMO the sequel's a better game with some really, really nice touches. Can't wait to get it home!
          Last edited by fuse; 14-07-2009, 07:50.

Comment

Thats good news about Espgaluda 2, its also well timed as i was pretty close to buying the PCB but i think i'll hold off for a while now.

Comment

Excellent news. Espgaluda and ESP.Ra.de are my 2 favourite Cave shooters but had lost any hope of playing the sequel.

Comment

Yes! I loved Espgaluda, never got to play the sequel despite sitting at the cab in Akihabara one day!

Comment

Ooooh awesome news.

Never had the privelidge of playing Espa 2 hopefully that will be rectified at Insert Coin this weekend thoug.

A 360 port will be awesome

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
                    Thats good news about Espgaluda 2, its also well timed as i was pretty close to buying the PCB but i think i'll hold off for a while now.
                    All the more reason for me to buy a JAP 360. The missus loved the first EspGaluda!

Comment

so glad i got a japanese 360 now

Comment

Its a fab game. Think Espgaluda but tougher with a deeper kakusei system, gorgeous graphics and an awesome soundtrack. Nice of them to slip this in before DFK. It might even be out within a year if DS2 is an Xmas 2010 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                          Its a fab game. Think Espgaluda but tougher with a deeper kakusei system, gorgeous graphics and an awesome soundtrack. Nice of them to slip this in before DFK. It might even be out within a year if DS2 is an Xmas 2010 release.
                          Hmmmm that sounds lovely

Itching to play this at the weekend now...which reminds me you going to be there??

Neil

Comment

Espgaluda II confirmed for 360 after Futari

(Copy and paste link in address bar.)

Comment

Futari November 26th.
                              Espgaluda 2 Spring 2010 with a Black Label mode and an arrange mode programmed by Yagawa (Raizing).
                              DOJBLEX bug patch in a few weeks. 5pb are still working on Ketsui so god knows if that'll ever get released.

Comment

Cave are taking email votes to decide which one of their older games gets an XBLA release:

Entries have to be submitted by 28th August 2009. Email your vote to: [email protected]

Make sure your email subject is called: XBLA

The email body must only contain the name of the game you are voting for. Might I suggest that people vote for something that is either not yet emulated or has not seen a console release. Here are the Japanese names (use these in your email body instead of the English translation):

ケツイ〜絆地獄たち〜 (Ketsui - Kizuna Jigoku Tachi)
                                ピンクスウィーツ ~鋳薔薇それから~ (Pink Sweets ~Ibara sorekara~)
                                むにむに ポーキュ (Muchi-Muchi Pork)

I've added Ketsui as the 5pb port looks like it's on the ropes, so no harm in voting for it here.
                                Last edited by bcass; 16-08-2009, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X