No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one at moment all my other stuff is still sat in japan but another limited run turned up.

Comment

Distinct lack of Toyotas on the cover of Supra Land.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Distinct lack of Toyotas on the cover of Supra Land.
        I'm hoping it's at the end, i mean why else would they call the game like that?

Comment

Small box turned up from Japan today, taiko donderful festival special box from amazon japan. A nice selection of taiko themed goods not often taiko gets bundles like this.

some sat-box budget game compilations as i like these game some i already own digitally like the newer keshigomu otoshi board game & the matsuri minigames but they are nice to have in physical form so they are not locked to the eshop they are like £13 each so not exactly wallet busting.

Physical of dungeon munchies and a double pack of escape room type games bonus points been they are in english.

blair witch as japan got physical release &, plus ilvello and atomicrops

Comment

Here's the not-quite-so-fancy version of Taiko, for those wondering

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Here's the not-quite-so-fancy version of Taiko, for those wondering

How did you manage to get bayo 1 so early? I have it preordered on amazon j but they don’t have release down till November. Is yours the one from the climax special edition?

Edit: just noticed it’s out must have sold out from amazon themselves hence them saying November 20th for delivery to me as 3rd party sellers have it in stock.
              Last edited by importaku; 12-10-2022, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                How did you manage to get bayo 1 so early? I have it preordered on amazon j but they don’t have release down till November. Is yours the one from the climax special edition?

Edit: just noticed it’s out must have sold out from amazon themselves hence them saying November 20th for delivery to me as 3rd party sellers have it in stock.
                Yeah, doesn't help that I think they've got two versions listed, one with your usual "amazon exclusive" bits which I wasn't fussed about and passed on for the barebones copy.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Yeah, doesn't help that I think they've got two versions listed, one with your usual "amazon exclusive" bits which I wasn't fussed about and passed on for the barebones copy.
                  Yeah noticed there seems to be a range of options. Some nice pickups there btw pleased to see at least someone else has picked up the new taiko. Nearly maxed/unlocked everything now just 4 achievement trophies to get. It’s tracklist is insane with the music pass 673 tracks the most I have ever seen in a home taiko game.

edit: Taiko got a new update this evening guessing bug fixes but also they added even more song tracks to the playlist now full total available in music pass library is 682.
                  Last edited by importaku; 12-10-2022, 21:27.

Comment

Excited to play Bayo 3!

Comment

These arrived. The double pack sold out before I had a chance to buy it, but also it would have cost 10 cents more so I saved 10 cents by buying these 2 separately.

Go Go Kokopolo: Harmonious Forest Revenge is a DSiWare game and I don't know how much porting they actually did to this physical release. I have this on my DSi XL and it looks way better on it than this 3DS version on a 3DS XL, which means that the game assets are still on the DSi resolution and the game has black bars one left and right side of the screen, this might as well be just a DSiWare rom on a 3DS game card. Certainly this is not the only (or the worst) game that was originally on DS/DSi and later ported to 3DS with minimal effort, games like Sternenschweif 3D and Top Model 3D did the same and were much worse games to begin with. But really it is a shame that the graphics are not sharp, but look like someone smeared vaseline on the screen. I would say that this was not worth the price of admission.

Go Go Kokopolo: Space Recipe For Disaster is the sequel that was originally released for 3DS eShop in 2017. The game looks better than the previous one, but is not without it's flaws. The game has a great framerate when it's played in 2D, but start's chugging as soon as the 3D slider is turned on. Since this is a few years old game, it would have been nice if the game would have gotten a optimisation patch with this physical release instead of suffering the same issue it had when it was released originally. But overall, kinda worth the price of the game (without counting international postage).

I think it would have been better if these were both on 1 game card instead of 2 separate releases, as these were cheapo digital releases originally. As a collector it's nice to get more, but these physical releases were clearly designed only for collectors (which at this point in the life/death cycle of the console is the only market there really is for 3DS), but it would have been nice to get something that we could have seen 5-6 years ago as a somewhat succesful commercial release, because if these were released in this way back then, these would be bargain bin fodder that no one would have cared about.

But anyways, these are my #44 and #45 North American region 3DS games, so when I add my EU/AU and JP region games, I now have 604 individual 3DS games.

Comment

A nice box arrived today from japan some fun things inside this one. Firstly my Megadrive 2 mini & Megadora tower mini 2, first time i have even seen the retail box as it looks like nobody picked up the accessory set hell even amazon don't show a pic of the box nice that it's way smaller than the first one.

The extremely fun tsuri spirits saocon set

Limited edition of RPG time, has a few nice bits inside, a replica of Kenta's notebook sadly blank lines for all of it apart from inside first page, a pencil board and a soundtrack cd.

Finally picked up all the nettas

More joycon thumbgrips found some really nice ones on amazon japan plus an official switch stylus yeah i had no idea there was even such a thing till i saw a pic on amazon, will make certain games easier especially ones where i have to draw.

Final thing was the abarenbou tengu famitsu DX pack, held off picking this up for a while as it's kind of pricy.

Comes with a few extras like a couple of hand towels, some A4 clear files plus a wall scroll. The hand towels are basically like the scroll art but in red & blue with the main focus been tengu head or zombie head

I wanted the DX pack especially for these they come in a lovely smelling wooden box, the art is beautiful.

Comment

Some amazing pick ups there [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]. How are you finding the new tsuri spirits game? Which would you recommend to someone who hasn’t played them before, this new one or the previous version? And does the controller adapter add to the gameplay or is it more a gimmick? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mjbrooky View Post
                            Some amazing pick ups there [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]. How are you finding the new tsuri spirits game? Which would you recommend to someone who hasn’t played them before, this new one or the previous version? And does the controller adapter add to the gameplay or is it more a gimmick? Cheers
                            really enjoying the new tsuri spirits the one in my pics is the newest version of it about 25 hours playtime in so far. I have a feeling this one is eventually coming to the west at some point as in the intro screen where it gives you the joycon warnings not to swing them while playing ect.. it mentions the saocon controller and that it's not available in the usa. the first game was only in japanese till they released an update that translated it all but this second game is in full english right from the very start. Really good translation too everything has been fully translated.

If you have never played one i'd go for the newest version as it has more stages to play on & more fish it includes all the stages from the arcade machines latest updates, both games have a story campaign that's different and the main arcade mode as well as a selection of minigames. The newest one though also allows you to play online. If you enjoy the second game then you'd probably enjoy picking up the first game at some point too. The fishing controllers are not needed but they do make it fun if you are feeling like going super authentic however you can play just using regular joycons be aware though that in docked mode you can't use a pro controller you have to use joycons. The older fishing controller from the first game can also be used but the newer one is a lot easier and less tiring to use. However if you are not in the mood to use loads of energy you can just reel in fish by holding down the A button they give you the option of fishing controller or motion controls or just using buttons depending on how tired you are it's a thoughtful approach.

These 2 games and the obake no shatekiya arcade game port are some of my fave jpn only exclusives they are pure arcade fun. While not designed for marathon gaming sessions they are a blast in short bursts.
                            Last edited by importaku; 24-11-2022, 20:08.

Comment

Many many thanks for the detailed reply [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]. Very much appreciate the time you’ve taken.
                              Looks like it’s a must have purchase then, as well as the newer controller adapter. I think it could be good fun for my children to have a quick blast at it too. Although they are a bit young but the novelty of the controller would certainly add to it for them.
                              I do have obake no shatekiya but I hold my head in shame as I’ve yet had chance to play it. Are there are any other arcade style “quirky” games like these that you would recommend - so I can stick them on my pile of shame. Once again many thanks for your help.

Comment

looks like my guess was right nintendo brought it to the west

Comment

Working...
                                X