Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    Very nice pick ups as always importaku!

I adore M2 and have a few of their games physically and digital, but haven’t picked up Aleste yet. Let us know how you get on with the collection, I might cave!
    Played a couple in the aleste collection mainly the first game and the new gg aleste 3. If you like any of them you’ll enjoy the collection has a ton of options including decent filters and the comfort mode where it removes the hardware slowdown and sprite flicker limitations of the original hardware. As I never played any of them before I’m enjoying that retro shmup feel. The fact that they made that new one just for the collection was a really nice bonus. Kind of makes me wish I’d grabbed the gg micro special edition when it was still available but now that thing has an astronomical price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Played a couple in the aleste collection mainly the first game and the new gg aleste 3. If you like any of them you’ll enjoy the collection has a ton of options including decent filters and the comfort mode where it removes the hardware slowdown and sprite flicker limitations of the original hardware. As I never played any of them before I’m enjoying that retro shmup feel. The fact that they made that new one just for the collection was a really nice bonus. Kind of makes me wish I’d grabbed the gg micro special edition when it was still available but now that thing has an astronomical price tag.
      Thanks for the impressions. I adore they have a toggle for emulating the OG slowdown or to remove it completely, it’s such a well judged touch that so many retro releases ignore or gloss over.

What’s the price of that SE bad boy now?

PS: Already looking at Amazon Japan for Aleste now. 😅

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post

Thanks for the impressions. I adore they have a toggle for emulating the OG slowdown or to remove it completely, it’s such a well judged touch that so many retro releases ignore or gloss over.

What’s the price of that SE bad boy now?

PS: Already looking at Amazon Japan for Aleste now. 😅
        If you haven't found it yet here's the direct amazon page for it.

you can click the tab in the listing to show the limited box set someones selling a used one for 46,000 yen err i'll pass lol. But even on ebay they are several hundred for one. Switch gaming is wild, games costing over £100+++ for limited run type ones is way too common even older games from past gens used to have to reach retro ages before this crap started happening. Nowadays nope if it's only a few months old & it goes out of print bam triple digit price tags everywhere.
        Last edited by importaku; 16-06-2024, 14:00.

Comment

Working...
        X