Haha, true!

Comment

Can you actually read moonrunes?

Comment

One more 3DS arrival for today

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Can you actually read moonrunes?
          Nope, but have managed my way through plenty of Japanese games, RPGs included, over the years.

Comment

Well, yeah.

But don't you feel it lessens the experience? I've played a few RPGs in Japanese but usually it's just navigating menus in shmups and fighters or rhythm games myself.

Comment

Well, yeah.

But don't you feel it lessens the experience? I've played a few RPGs in Japanese but usually it's just navigating menus in shmups and fighters or rhythm games myself.
              of course it does - i remember playing through the japanese version of shenmue, when it was released with no knowledge of English. There was a certain charm back then, but the thought of doing it now - no way

Comment

Without knowing the story, it does a bit. But I always put gameplay ahead of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Without knowing the story, it does a bit. But I always put gameplay ahead of story.
                  Well, moonrunes here are tied pretty deeply to the game, I think at least hiragana and katakana would help.
                  BTW, Gundam Unicorn LE arrived yesterday, will post pics later.

Comment

Indeed. I always thought the idea behind a dating sim was the decisions you make.

How can you play accurately without moonrunes?

Not a criticism, I've just never got on with untranslated dating sims/VNs.

Comment

Indeed. I always thought the idea behind a dating sim was the decisions you make.

How can you play accurately without moonrunes?

Not a criticism, I've just never got on with untranslated dating sims/VNs.

a grown man playing a dating sim?

Comment

I'm going to assume that this is a dating sim:

Comment

Not exactly a dating sim...that would be easy to play, it's skipping all the text until choices come up, save and hit the first one.

Comment

Nekketsu Koha Kunio-Kun Special + Final Fantasy Theathrythm

Biohazard: Revelations + awesome blitz

Senran Kagura + art book and soundtrack CD (glued to the last page of the art book)

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Puchi Puku Pack (nendoroid, stickers, "cleaning cloth"/keychain (?)) + pre-order bonus tote bag

Circle Pad Pro

Last edited by Nico87; 16-03-2012, 12:28.

Comment

That's quite a haul!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Anyone else take the plunge? :P

Awesome! I'm fairly sure you have to be able to write Japanese to play it extensively though, hence why I'm not going to buy it

Comment

Working...
                                X