No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The average for Nanoha dakimakura was more than twic though, the nicest when for 21000yen.

Comment

I was in Akihabara the other week and bought the follow games:

GC:
      -Zelda 4 Swords+
      -Donkey Konga 3
      -Bomberman Jetters (Didn't realise it was out in the US when I bought, but it never came out over here anyway)
      -DreamMix TV World Fighters
      -SD Gundam Gashapon Wars
      -Mr Driller: Drill Land
      -Mobile Suits Gundam: The Ace Pilot*
      -Mobile Suits Gundam: Gundam vs Z Gundam*
      -Homeland*

*These three have more advanced Japanese than the rest. The two Gundam games are easy to pick up but the story goes whoosh over my head. Homeland, however, is nigh-on impossible (my fault for not realising it's an RPG).

GBA:
      -Densetsu no Stafi (unfortunately the box got crushed in my suitcase on the way back )
      -Densetsu no Stafi 2
      -Densetsu no Stafi 3
      -Kururin Paradise

All games boxed and complete.

Comment

Arrived earlier this week: The Last Story US version.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post

GC:
          --Homeland*

*These three have more advanced Japanese than the rest. The two Gundam games are easy to pick up but the story goes whoosh over my head. Homeland, however, is nigh-on impossible (my fault for not realising it's an RPG).
          There is an english guide to homeland on a japanese website, i used to have a guide i wrote but thats long gone now. This should be enough to get you started though.

Homeland is the best rpg on the cube no contest, the story is really fun & theres multiple stories to do. The clever bit is depending on exactly what you do then the story branches off. You can still go online with it even now which is good as a few of the stories are online only ones & won't happen unless your playing online.
          Last edited by importaku; 26-08-2012, 13:27.

Comment

If you can't get on with Homeland, I might have it off ya

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
              -Mobile Suits Gundam: The Ace Pilot*
              Hate to be picky but you mean 戦士達の軌跡/Pilot's Locus yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                There is an english guide to homeland on a japanese website, i used to have a guide i wrote but thats long gone now. This should be enough to get you started though.

Homeland is the best rpg on the cube no contest, the story is really fun & theres multiple stories to do. The clever bit is depending on exactly what you do then the story branches off. You can still go online with it even now which is good as a few of the stories are online only ones & won't happen unless your playing online.
                Wow, thanks for the link! I don't currently own a Broadband adapter, but if I ever get one, that'll be very helpful. That also assumes I will ever get round to playing it properly; I'm about to enter final year of school and as a result I think I'm gonna need mindless and stress-relieving games, rather than an experience I have to work for, aha.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                If you can't get on with Homeland, I might have it off ya
                Haha, unfortunately I can't do that. I intend to continue studying Japanese after school, so if a Japanese game is too difficult for me to understand now, I put it into a metaphorical "come back later" pile, and make a note to try again once my Japanese is considerably improved. One of my ambitions post-university is to get on the JET scheme or something so I can spend a lot of time out in Japan, absorbing the culture and language, as the limited time I've spent over there I really enjoyed.

What I should've done is brought back with me more than one copy of the rarer games I saw! I saw Homeland at least three times, each around the 1000 yen mark (the one I settled on was 850, I believe, and still like new quality). I could've sold with a profit for less than import sites are charging.

EDIT:
                Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                Hate to be picky but you mean 戦士達の軌跡/Pilot's Locus yeah?
                Yeah, that one. I was using GameFAQs localised title, but AFAIK it never saw an English release on any platform, so actually I'm not really sure where they got that from.
                Last edited by danstan21; 26-08-2012, 16:27.

Comment

Most of the game is offline so your only missing a few of the story arcs by not been able to connect but until you complete the game once you cant do online anyway as online only unlocks after completing it for the first time.

During the last few days when the matching servers were still online & people were having a few last games before they were turned off for good, a player came online who was actually one of the programmers from chunsoft who joined into someones game. They gave out a secret word that when typed in unlocked a direct ip connection mode so you could still go online & play even without the servers. Thanks to them it will be online forever

Comment

Another weekend & another new import, not normally a fan of Atlus stuff but this one looked fun so i picked it up

Comment

Most of the game is offline so your only missing a few of the story arcs by not been able to connect but until you complete the game once you cant do online anyway as online only unlocks after completing it for the first time.

During the last few days when the matching servers were still online & people were having a few last games before they were turned off for good, a player came online who was actually one of the programmers from chunsoft who joined into someones game. They gave out a secret word that when typed in unlocked a direct ip connection mode so you could still go online & play even without the servers. Thanks to them it will be online forever
                      Well snap, I was about to ask if the online was using private servers now, but that's great that one of the programmers was dedicated enough to preserve the game in some form for the (presumably pretty small) audience it had. I don't actually know - was Homeland pretty popular in Japan when the GC was still current?

Comment

Yeah there was always games been hosted online when the matching servers were still running, most of the time the games running were pretty populated by countless strings of people wandering about as this games mechanic is pretty fun. By holding hands the one at the front of the chain gains the power of all the people behind. Played in a few games when it was still up & had loads of fun, the chat screen was cumbersome to use but it was easy to play.

The guide link i posted has the word you need to activate the ip connect mode so when the time comes you can mess about if you wish to go online.

Comment

Yeah there was always games been hosted online when the matching servers were still running, most of the time the games running were pretty populated by countless strings of people wandering about as this games mechanic is pretty fun. By holding hands the one at the front of the chain gains the power of all the people behind. Played in a few games when it was still up & had loads of fun, the chat screen was cumbersome to use but it was easy to play.

The guide link i posted has the word you need to activate the ip connect mode so when the time comes you can mess about if you wish to go online.
                          Huh, funny how popular Japanese games can completely slip under the radar. A couple of months ago, I'd never even heard of Homeland - it was only because I specifically researched which JP-only games to look out for while I was over there that it ever came up.

On another note, just bought Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GC from a US seller for $29 (?19) off ebay. Never played a MM game before, so why not start with every single one of the originals, eh?

Comment

Finally, the CERO is mine.

untitled.JPG
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Boobies!

Comment

What is this game?

Comment

Working...
                                X