Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InvisibleKid
    This is obviously morally dubious, what with it being lying and illegal - but I've never actually asked them to do this..

I sort of feel it's immoral that the government and couriers take the opportunity to charge us huge levies for buying items from abroad for personal use.

Comment

I've paid the most tax on books when I was moving to Canada. 80-90% of the extra tax I had to pay was for books and the rest games.

Comment

They just emailed to say that they had marked down the value and said it is a used item. Jaja.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          I've paid the most tax on books when I was moving to Canada. 80-90% of the extra tax I had to pay was for books and the rest games.
          That's interesting - as we obviously don't pay any tax on books - I bet that was painful Kryss :-/

Comment

Yeah cost me another $250 or so on top of the $2000+ posting it all cost.

At least when I order books from honto.jp they take the tax off AND send it SAL so I don't face extra fees.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              How can the government charge you tax for items that you already own?

Comment

Technically you're supposed to declare items in advnce when country-jumping to avoid that, but I didn't send everything together.

Comment

Imported EDF4 via my suitcase.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                    Imported EDF4 via my suitcase.

Ha, yes!

Comment

Big parcel turned up today (cheers Mark ) contained most of my club nintendo tat plus some more kid icarus stuff including couple more guidebooks, a complete base set of 402 cards & some sleeve protectors that fit the narrow Japanese cards. With all this im only one card away from a full set YAH

The playing cards are suprisingly nice made of plastic & seethrough & silver & gold. Mario statue is a bit upgraded from usa version as they included a protective dome, looks a little nicer.

In Japan kid icarus AR cards come as packs of 20 & there are 20 volumes in total, only catch is you have to order them direct from Nintendo via ther online store so a total pain to get. Still a full base set is cool, now have 7 of the 8 promo cards just Pit battle cry to find.

Last edited by importaku; 16-09-2013, 18:20.

Comment

Latest bits turned up today, decided to give NSMB2 a chance as it seems nowhere near as dire as the first one on DS, the powerups are actually fun & the levels seem good so far. Luigi mansion 2 i have wanted a while but waited till it came down in price & finally i have my game & watch cover for my 3DS LL & it's lush, feels soo nice with it on as the gold bits are a metal shell on top of the plastic underparts, now i have a overlarge G&W hehe.

Comment

I've had NSMB2 for sale for the past two weeks.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I ain't selling mine. Also have the Jap version... It's a fun game but gets quite repetitive. I didn't find it very challenging.

Comment

Past weeks and today's haul

Comment

W101 has epic over the top box art!

Comment

Working...
                                X