Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomato View Post
    Importaku, where did you get the Mario diarama packs? I'm quite interested.
    Plamoya have them on clearance

Comment

My GeGeGE no Kitaro figures arrived today, URGH Revoltech are such a pain to pose. The bases refused to go together, i had to disassemble one figure totally to get the stupid plastic wrapping off & they feel fragile as hell so i doubt i can use the extra hands without the fear of a peg snapping.

All that crap aside they do look wonderful, they went for a watercolour style paint job that matches Shigeru Mizuguchi's original manga illustrations perfectly.

Kitaro & nezumi otoko

Medama oyaji who is Kitaro's dad, yes just an eyeball lol.

Comment

Importaku, how do you reduce the dust build up on your models / figures? Dust is the bain of the life these days... No matter how often i hoover, wipe, open the window, it just harbours (sp) all over my stuff...

Luving the set up you have and how they are all encased in there own transparent world... Must look awesome independently lit in a dark room.

Comment

I use cans of compressed air to blast the dust off my figures if that helps?

Comment

Yeah i have that problem too it seems to be really fine dust that gets in instead of the fluffy kind. I use what Chopemon mentioned, canned air is good as long as you are careful not to blast them too close as you don't want the propellant accidentally going over the stuff as it sometimes comes out of the can if it has been inverted before dusting or something getting blown off by the force of the nozzle if you are too close. I use wet pledge duster wipes for the glass to keep it shiny but fingerprints always seem to get in there somehow.

Don't have a recent pic since i added all my newest figures but here is an older one at night, it's nice just to leave that on & nothing else as it provides a lovely glow & doesn't distract me with glare if the tv is on. Soldering together a led strip lighting rig was the best thing i ever did for that cabinet, kind of like been in a shop hehe.

Comment

Boom.

SRW Masoukishin F Coffin of the Final LE, Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin! with bonus Ryu the Best mini soundtrack CD and Battle Robot Damashii.

Comment

How on earth do you find the time to play anything Kryss? you always seem to be having to study.

One day you should take a pic of all of your SRW stuff it must be pretty vast by now.

Comment

I posted pics of the full set during the 20th anniversary. Naturally they've added a few more games since, and I have yet to get the DL-only EO.
                  I don't have time to play consoles right now other than 3DS/Vita. My gf is off back to Japan in 3 weeks so I'll have a little more time.
                  Definitely edging towards cancelling my New3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    I use cans of compressed air to blast the dust off my figures if that helps?
                    Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Yeah i have that problem too it seems to be really fine dust that gets in instead of the fluffy kind. I use what Chopemon mentioned, canned air is good as long as you are careful not to blast them too close as you don't want the propellant accidentally going over the stuff as it sometimes comes out of the can if it has been inverted before dusting or something getting blown off by the force of the nozzle if you are too close. I use wet pledge duster wipes for the glass to keep it shiny but fingerprints always seem to get in there somehow.

Don't have a recent pic since i added all my newest figures but here is an older one at night, it's nice just to leave that on & nothing else as it provides a lovely glow & doesn't distract me with glare if the tv is on. Soldering together a led strip lighting rig was the best thing i ever did for that cabinet, kind of like been in a shop hehe.
                    Very nice display Importaku! You are right the LED strip makes a huge difference!

Thanks for the Air Canister tip Chopemon, will look into it...

Comment

I'm loving being back on here. Checking this thread every day to see what importaku has just bought is always strangely very exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                        I'm loving being back on here. Checking this thread every day to see what importaku has just bought is always strangely very exciting!
                        Welcome back Davey Heats... Still sporting the big hair?

Comment

Thankyou chap. No, I've just turned 30 so I've lost all vibes.

Comment

Finally sorted & catagorized into binders, ordered the newest wave of medals but after half a year of obsessive collecting they are all sorted & in order instead of scattered around in ziplock bags & boxes. With the stuff thats on the way i have about 98% of all the medals ever released YAY, it's the game that truly keeps giving

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              it's the game that truly keeps giving
                              Oh Mr Importaku...it must be nice to have your kind of money to spend.

Comment

I don't go on holidays away or party out every weekend, so i indulge in other ways. At the end of the day you can't take that money with you.

If i stopped buying stuff, the economy in Japan would collapse so i have to keep going i'm doing it for their sakes

Comment

Working...
                                X