Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is that? The cover is fantastic.

Comment

You mean the one Hush posted? Ah thats Zombie Daisuki (Zombie love)

Comment

Is it good?

Comment

Not got it yet but im planning to. Looks fun, sort of a cute RTS game with zombies in it. You play as the zombies trying to battle it out with the humans.

Comment

Dude i'm planning on buying it when i get payed

importaku i have a question for you i am thinking of picking up Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 will i get as much enjoyment out of it if i do understand Japanese but have played the first game in english
            Last edited by hush; 31-01-2011, 19:49.

Comment

If you liked the first game center cx then you'll love the second one.

Theres only 2 games you'll might get stuck on as they are adventure ones but luckily theres full walkthroughs to them on gamefaqs. But even if you do get stuck theres now the option to pass on a challenge so you can get to the next game.

If you have already played the first game then you will know what to expect & all the challenges have been worked out & are on the net so the languge barrier shouldnt be that hard really.

Comment

nice thank's man been thinking about it since playing the first one

Comment

You won't regret it, the game selection in the second one is way better. Plus theres even a hibahin section for rare versions of some of the games from the first game.

I really wish they would make another, they could easily do more a third would round it off nicely.

Comment

PS2 Jikkyo Pawafuru Puroyakyu. Loved this series since Pawapuro 94 on the SFC. Favourite is probably 7, but 8 has the raddest intro.

PS2 Ys III & IV remakes. Absolutely fantastic updates of the originals, despite what some people say. Ys IV is an update of the Super Famicom Mask of the Sun, not the PC Engine game.

PS1 Bishi Bashi Special 2. Not the bull**** PAL port.

That is all. For now.

Comment

Before Nintendo Wii, Playstation Move and 360 Kinect, We had REAL motion games.
                      I love all these Jap games to bits...

Martial Beat 1 and Martial Beat 2 (Jap PSX)
                      MARTIAL BEAT - Opening Movie

Jap PSX version of the Konami arcade kung fu riddum game

Me playing this and having a Martial Beat(off)

Para Para Paradise (Jap PS2)
                      Most MACHO dancing game ever... I can't believe I used to know all the para para dance moves off my head!

Based off the arcade

The Keisatsukan / Police 911 (Jap PS2)
                      One of my favourite light gun games ever. This needed a special Konami gun and Konami webcam to work. Give me this over Time Crisis anyday... Who needs a foot pedal to hide!

Samba de Amigo 2000 (Jap Dreamcast)
                      I loved this to bits. The Wii version was so poor in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Best game on the DS. I know they made Elite Beat Agents for us westerners but that was rubbish!
                        I know it's the "JapFan" thing to say, but the reality is that EBA was just as good as Ouendan. EBA's artwork was superior, ffs.

Comment

For the most part, yeah. Western transition or not, it was great to see an English language version released. I have all three games in my collection and love them equally
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
                            Para Para Paradise (Jap PS2)
                            Most MACHO dancing game ever... I can't believe I used to know all the para para dance moves off my head!
                            I swear I'm gonna get Para Para Paradise one of these days. It's my most wanted Bemani title that I just never got round to picking up. If Harmonix incorporated Eurobeat and Para Para into Dance Central I'd buy Kinect for that alone.

With regard to Ouendan, I still think the original one is the best. Even the Japanese sequel wasn't quite as good. Gotta love The Village People in EBA though.
                            Last edited by Nisa; 02-03-2011, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              I know it's the "JapFan" thing to say, but the reality is that EBA was just as good as Ouendan. EBA's artwork was superior, ffs.
                              The gameplay is basicaly the same but with regards to the music the games are obviously completely differnt. In Elite Beat Agents most of the covers are crap, and some of the songs are just crap full stop.

Ouendan's soundtrack is super cheesy japanese pop music, but it works increadbley well in the context of the game, plus that level with the guy whos a ghost thats all sad and stuff is probabaly the most touching thing Ive ever experienced in a video game.

Ouendan is the better game by quite a bit for me. I didnt think Ouendan 2 was as good as it either, probabaly becuase alot of the charm with the original was in how it was so unique.

Having said that they are all obviously very good games though.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 02-03-2011, 23:47.

Comment

I think the thing is with Ouendan - is that it might be a case of the first one you experienced. Like others, I have all three, and much prefer the original over the next two. I thought the stories were much better, and the song list.

In a way its also because the sequels basically copied the first one but with different songs/stories. Eg/ they both had to have a "sad level" similar to the ghost one rmoxon mentioned, and the end levels were also similar.

Anyway, another Japanese music game import finally arrived for me today - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva on the PSP. I know there is a sequel already, but I've only just got a PSP in the last week or two. And this game is awesome. Love the styling, love quite a few of the songs. But it is brutal. Only just managed to beat one song on medium after many many many attempts. Gave up on medium before that to unlock loads on easy, which was fun but the patterns were nowhere near as good as on medium. The only complaint I have so far is that it would be good if it gave you the rating for each hit near the hit mark itself, not just in the bottom corner, as that would help you improve your accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X