Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha, I need to get Para Para too~

Comment

I remember fondly paying through the ass to buy para para paradise from cex in leeds, loved that game & although Phil has boasted that he knew ever para para song i remember it differently (lol phil you fibber)

I do remember been in cex all day demoing that game in front of everyone, did i work there? hell no. I just brought it in to play hehe.

Well worth picking up but only if your going to learn the routines as just flailing around on expert not only lacks any skill but it also looks ****, but thats what most people in the arcades do. Only the brave ones dare do some of the more girly routines in public, but hell i have no shame

Dare anyone to do this in public, sadly it's not in the ps2 version but was in the dreamcast one. Love this routine i still remember most of it
      Last edited by importaku; 24-03-2011, 23:21.

Comment

They have Para Para at Trocadero in London, if I get halfway decent I'll play it in public..

Most people think playing DDR is bad enough. lol

Comment

I used to be a huge DDR nerd and by extension played a bit of Para Para along with most other bemani games. Whilst I am quite proud of my GFDM / IIDX skills, I knew about 3 para routines - obviously this I am much less proud about

Comment

I can play about 6 - 7 foot/star on DDR, 8 - 9* on IIDX and have yet to explore anything else..

Don't really play DDR much, took me a while to get to that level on IIDX though. lol

Found a Para Para set for £29 on eBay, about to pull the trigger I think..
            Last edited by speedlolita; 25-03-2011, 08:40.

Comment

I'm too much of a fat-ass to do 10 footers (minus Sakura), but could clear all the 9s and below in all DDR mixes up until Extreme - stopped playing after that. I was up to about 85 in GF (although have cleared stuff around 90) and got some nice excellent clears, 70ish in DM (although have passed some way above that and failed others way below that), and IIDX I have AAA'd stuff like Kakumei 7k, Sync 7K, Abyss THR 7k etc :x

Comment

Nice! I have awful timing, have never got better than an AA.

Comment

Does the ParaPara PS2 version work on the slim one? I used to love playing it in the Soho arcade a few years back.

I've been getting my fix of the para para routines on Dance Evolution for Kinect

Comment

just found a copy of it in my attic which I thought I got rid of years ago it does come in a big flowery box with pink sensors doesn't it? I don't even have a ps2 to use it on oh well back up there it goes

Comment

Wanna sell em?

Comment

The fun you get from playing Para Para Paradise isn't about clearing the expert levels.

It's more about mimicking the actual para para dance moves you see in the video...

Obviously, it's even more amazing when you can replicate the Para Para moves on an actual Para Para Paradise arcade!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Wanna sell em?
                          ill take it to a mates over the weekend and make sure it works first, then ill let you know if it does

Comment

Would be much appreciated!

Comment

Comment

Yeah, Harmful Park. :-) Brings a smile to the face every time.

But this was my first, and still my favourite, import:

Comment

Working...
                                X