No announcement yet.

On the horizon / preorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which case maybe we should have a different thread...the First Play is basically a review thread by non-writers (and awesome for it) so why not have a Preview thread for Import stuff which includes opinions as to why you are looking forward to said game, what its about, etc? I'd love that. US/PAL stuff gets so rammed down your throat with all the marketing hype, but import titles tend to get overlooked - in my world at least...just a thought.

Comment

Oops, badly written sarcasm not getting through :P

A preview thread would be a nice idea if all titles mentioned here wouldn't have their own entry in the Headlines forum.
      Of course as long as Importaku doesn't get here and starts posting about obscure DS games that noone except the developers know about

Anyway, I think Charles started this thread with the very intention you wrote about, a place where importers can get to know titles they weren't aware of and share their views on them.

Comment

...you mean he didn't want a list thread?

Hows that for sarcasm

Oh and by 'Import' I guess I mean 'Japanese'...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          This thread would be blood fantastic if posters put a brief summary about the game they have pre-ordered for nubs like me? Instead of "Yeah I'm getting JAPANESE NAME..."
          And release date would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Oops, badly written sarcasm not getting through :P

A preview thread would be a nice idea if all titles mentioned here wouldn't have their own entry in the Headlines forum.
            Of course as long as Importaku doesn't get here and starts posting about obscure DS games that noone except the developers know about

Anyway, I think Charles started this thread with the very intention you wrote about, a place where importers can get to know titles they weren't aware of and share their views on them.
            LOL, not every DS game i play is unknown just 99% of them What can i say, i love odd stuff.

And on that note im going to post my preorder for this month, not ds but wii lol. I wasn't aware the Yugioh card game had hit wii till i saw this, looking forward to playing on the wii version, it wasn't cheap but looks great. Also comes with the duel scanner so i can add real cards into the game, just plug it into the wii usb port pop in the card you want to add & shut the door, the game will then read the card & add it into your game.

Comment

After being postponed, Eschatos has a confirmed release date again - tomorrow!

In fact its showing as being in stock with play-asia right now.

Comment

These shooters are getting more and more expensive. Now I have to find another 50 quid from somewhere...

Comment

Well, these aren't really imports to me but I have on the way - Bullet Soul with OST, Crysis 2 and Otomedious X. I've thought about buying Eschatos but it just looks too cheap to me. If it was a lower price I'd be all over it. Also looking forward to Platinum Soft's Mad World inspired 360 game which is coming soon.

Comment

This thread would be blood fantastic if posters put a brief summary about the game they have pre-ordered for nubs like me? Instead of "Yeah I'm getting JAPANESE NAME..."
                    You don't need pictures, comments and so on. All you need is the title. Then you copy and paste that in to Google to find all that you want. That's what I do, anyway

Comment

I agree. Posting pics or hyperlinks, which can be googled by the original posters, would exponentially benefit the topic's readers. I suppose we could do it ourselves, but imagine the joy of someone stumbling into this thread and seeing a wall of awesomeness.

As evidence, I'd like to cite the "underated" thread on here, with videos and screens. Bloody awesome thread.

Comment

Well I guess I'm just lazy...and I often check this forum on my phone (at least I used to before 'the change') - more info the better innit...!

Comment

just found out theres another taiko game coming to the psp. july 14.

今年でシリーズ生誕10周年を迎える人気リズムアクションゲーム『太鼓の達人』シリーズの最新作。楽曲のリズムに乗って太鼓を叩けば、楽しいお祭り気分が味わえるのだ。

i prefer the psp versions over the ds ones. hitting the screen is nice on the easy levels, but as i'm rubbish i revert back to button controls reasonably quickly. no song list yet. but i'll definitely be getting this.

Comment

Anyone got anything new on the horizon?

Comment

I've got the 360 version of the Love is Over edition of Catherine on pre order. I already have the Japanese version but I love the look of the goodies and I hope it runs on a Japanese machine as it's been confirmed not to work on a PAL machine.

Comment

I have the same edition of Catherine en route, albeit for PS3. I really want to pre-order the limited editions of Dark Souls and Disgaea 4 too but can't afford to at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X