No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what sort of battery life are you vita owners getting?

Comment

Stupid question time, any PSN games I've got for PSP can be downloaded and played on the Vita? Including PS1 games like FFVII?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
        So what sort of battery life are you vita owners getting?

Around 3 hours playtime, it's pretty bad really. Still, it's not like I'm going to be playing more than 3 hours Vita while out and about realistically. It's definitely more of a 'city/commuting lifestyle' type of device more than a traveller's device though I think. I mean 3 hours. Come on.

Comment

Yeah, i'd say last night I got three to four hours of non stop play. I don't know what's scariest about that, the fact the time is so (relatively) short, or the fact I sat and played a handheld for that long without wanting to chop my hands off due to cramp.

Comment

Cheers for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
              Around 3 hours playtime, it's pretty bad really. Still, it's not like I'm going to be playing more than 3 hours Vita while out and about realistically. It's definitely more of a 'city/commuting lifestyle' type of device more than a traveller's device though I think. I mean 3 hours. Come on.[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
              This is the only thing that put's me off. Going to wait and see what the external battery is like.

I've two PSP's and they've been more or less excellent. The fat was bought in 2005 and has been used every week without fail ever since on the commute, considering I don't use a case or treat it with special care it's not only the best gaming device it's probably better than any electronic device I've ever bought.

I'd need at least four hours of life though and when I'm going down to London around six+ hours, which I can easily get by carrying spare batts around.

Am sure I'll cave in and get one at some point though as I'm excited at the overall package just as I was when Sony first announced the PSP itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman
                I'd need at least four hours of life though and when I'm going down to London around six+ hours, which I can easily get by carrying spare batts around.

Yeah that's the thing, the battery isn't user-removable so you can't swap out for another one, you've just gotta recharge it. Still it's not all that bad, it's not like I've found the battery life crippling or anything. For anything but games I imagine most Vita owners will be using a smartphone instead so at least the battery gets saved for what's, er, important I guess (haha).

Asked this in the Vita thread in Headlines as well but thought here might be more appropriate, but does anyone know if AmiAmi mark down? Wanna order a couple of copies of Wipeout 2048 from there.

EDIT:
                Question regarding PSN accounts -
                I'm just on the verge of making a Japanese account on my Vita (never owned a PS3 or bothered making one on my old PSP), but I wanted to check that I'd be able to play UK game cards online with it. Can I? I know I'll be locked to the Japanese PSN store and only be able to buy DLC for Japanese games, but as long as I can still play online multiplayer with UK retail-bought games that should be fine.
                Last edited by wakka; 07-01-2012, 17:08.

Comment

Is it possible to sync a PS3 controller to the Vita like on the PSP Go? If you can this will make Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a lot easier to play.

Comment

How do you figure that one out? The D-Pad on the Vita is much better suited for fighting games than the dual shock one.

Comment

Move on.
                      Last edited by Hartley Hare; 08-01-2012, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        How do you figure that one out? The D-Pad on the Vita is much better suited for fighting games than the dual shock one.
                        I've got an arcade stick with a six axis PCB in it, I used to use it with my PSP Go and SFA3.

Comment

I can't figure out for the life of me why you would want to play a handheld console game with an arcade stick. Why bother with a portable system if you're going to use a controller 20 times the size of it? Doesn't that just defeat the purpose? Your choice, but seems a bit daft to me.

Comment

Because the game is exactly the same as the console version? I usually play my handheld devices at other people's houses and the arcade stick is tiny, think of the iCade as a good comparison.

Comment

Can I see a pic of your stick next to your go for size comparison?

Comment

Just got a 3G model with an 8GB card for my bf from gadget-asia... paid ?332, didn't get an option for free shipping for some reason.

If its sim locked then I guess I'll just sell it on ebay and pick it up on the UK release.

Now I just need to find Golden Abyss at a decent price with quick shipping.
                                Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 08-01-2012, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X