No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use my US-account on my PSV and I can see the trophies I have collected on PS3 on my PSV. I haven't checked if it's the same on PS3 as I don't have it with me on vacation. Slightly less portable that thing...

Comment

Thanks, if you can see PS3 trophies on your Vita then it probably works the other way . It's really stupid, but apart from lack of region lock (thing that keeps me away from buying 3DS) trophies motivate me to get Vita on EU release day. Though I have mixed feelings after I stumbled upon this link during daily browsing of my RSS feeds:

They compare Vita to some chinese tablet which yes, is less powerful, but it uses similar parts and costs 10000Y less. Folks at this site predict, that Vita price could drop to 15000Y in about year.

Comment

Ok, customs charge is paid, and Vita is scheduled for arrival tomorrow. Likely scenario is no-one will be in though, and I'll be picking it up on Saturday. I'm already having a bit of an internal dilemma regarding accounts though - from reading various sites & listening to some podcasts I think I'm up to speed, but is all of the below correct?

- even with a second memory card you need to factory reset the system for every profile change
        - trophies will only unlock on one profile per game card
        - there is no UK PSN store for Vita right now (does anyone know if near, twitter etc are on the system already or are dls?)

Also I know there were changes to the PSN DRM recently, for PS1 games on my Japanese account will I be able to have them on my Vita when it eventually updates to work with them? I've already downloaded them twice (PS3 + Go), and I know the number of times has been cut, but I don't know what to.

Guh, much as I'm excited about the system and a lot of the games, there's an awful lot of hoops to be jumped through. Say what you like about the 3DS's region lock, at least it's straightforward to understand!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          - even with a second memory card you need to factory reset the system for every profile change
          - trophies will only unlock on one profile per game card
          - there is no UK PSN store for Vita right now (does anyone know if near, twitter etc are on the system already or are dls?)

Also I know there were changes to the PSN DRM recently, for PS1 games on my Japanese account will I be able to have them on my Vita when it eventually updates to work with them? I've already downloaded them twice (PS3 + Go), and I know the number of times has been cut, but I don't know what to.
          1. Yup gotta factory reset every time
          2. No. You can delete the data on the game card and it will unlock trophies again for another account
          3. Not sure, but I think System already...
          4. Yes you can, as games purchased before a certain time retain original 9 activations. Going forward you'll need to pick and choose devices though as you'll only have 2 activations.

Comment

@Shozuki
            Originally you could activate up to 5 systems, not 9 .

@fuse
            Just disable your licenses on PSP Go. If you don't have access to it, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can manage your activated systems via website.

Comment

Yes you can do it via a website, only once in six months but it's still a big improvement. Here's the info about it - http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2616

The same link there works for both US and UK accounts so might well work for JP accounts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                2. No. You can delete the data on the game card and it will unlock trophies again for another account
                Having to fully wipe the game card is not ideal either, argh!

The activation thing isn't quite as bad as I was expecting if you can turn systems on/off at your leisure. I kinda wanna try out the UMD Passport system too, might try popping Gitaroo Man Lives into my PSP tonight.

Comment

You can have 2xPS3 activations and 2xhandheld activations per account. Activation doesn't always matter anyway. It depends on the game. I had an account on 6 PS3's and 4 PSP's and all worked fine with certain games.

Twitter and UMD Passport are both downloads from the JPN store.

The best method as said is to stick to one account. Let's face it, the JPN store is miles ahead of other regions anyway. Games that do not support DLC don't matter anyway.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mine's just been delivered to home. Good thing my Mum's got the week off work to sign for it.

Need to head over to see her, collect it and get back to mine to rinse some UC!!

Comment

PSV arrived here too, no customs charges and I paid ?249.99 from Gadget-Asia, man am I glad I google searched!! NCSX, P-A and the all the other rip-off merchants can stick it!

I have Uncharted, I have a PSV but my other 5 games and memory stick arent here yet so it's still no good to me...

Comment

Damn, ?250 is a nice price.

Comment

yup!!! Anyone know if I can use my US PSN ID on the Vita? Or will I need to make a JPN account?

Comment

Yep, lot better than used one offered for ?375 on this forum. How long did it take to arrive? With free shipping and great price I'm now tempted to buy one for myself .

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                              yup!!! Anyone know if I can use my US PSN ID on the Vita? Or will I need to make a JPN account?
                              I think you can only use one account can't you? Choose wisely!

Comment

I'm taking your lead here Shozuki, just placed an order............I have NO willpower.

Comment

Working...
                                X