No announcement yet.

Best place to import Wii U (US)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Finland. No Blockbusters here. I can actually find Xenoblade for good prices online (amazon). I was mistaken as I first searched VGP and ebay for the American version and it's sold out, 'rare' and very expensive on eBay (70-120 dollars, no joke). I rechecked eBay through my phone which was connected to UK eBay and the prices were much lower which made me confused at first. Would you have any idea if Xenoblade is the same version universally within Europe i.e., contains English etc? Cheapest prices seem to be in Germany or something; at least the box art was the same, but I'm not sure. I was looking to get the "Limited Edition" as I would need/want the controller anyway.

After this quick discussion I decided to get a PAL Wii (probably will soft mod, don't know yet as the games I want are available in Europe) and looked for one used through a Finnish trading/sales site. I'm going pick up a used one with GC compatibility(no box) for 60euros (about 50 pounds). So much for the Wii U for now. Getting a new TV Thursday so will be excited to finally get to play some Wii games after all these years.

Oh yeah and thanks for everything guys. You stopped me from going on a very stupid spending spree, and only a stupid one.
    Last edited by danholo; 16-01-2013, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
      I'm in Finland. No Blockbusters here. I can actually find Xenoblade for good prices online (amazon). I was mistaken as I first searched VGP and ebay for the American version and it's sold out, 'rare' and very expensive on eBay (70-120 dollars, no joke). I rechecked eBay through my phone which was connected to UK eBay and the prices were much lower which made me confused at first. Would you have any idea if Xenoblade is the same version universally within Europe i.e., contains English etc? Cheapest prices seem to be in Germany or something; at least the box art was the same, but I'm not sure. I was looking to get the "Limited Edition" as I would need/want the controller anyway.

After this quick discussion I decided to get a PAL Wii (probably will soft mod, don't know yet as the games I want are available in Europe) and looked for one used through a Finnish trading/sales site. I'm going pick up a used one with GC compatibility(no box) for 60euros (about 50 pounds). So much for the Wii U for now. Getting a new TV Thursday so will be excited to finally get to play some Wii games after all these years.

Oh yeah and thanks for everything guys. You stopped me from going on a very stupid spending spree, and only a stupid one.
      Glad to hear you managed to find a cheapish Wii...there is actually a softmoded NTSC console that's just popped up int he Sales threads for ?70 but reckon shipping would make that pretty expensive for you.

Good news on the Xenoblade as well...I'm pretty sure they are all the same within Europe.
      With regards to the LE I wouldn't worry too much...just find the cheapest standard edition & buy a cheap second hand classic controller...save loads that way.

Keep an eye out for an official Component Cable if you can as well...it makes a world of difference to the picture so that should be your next purchase

If you want I will pop into my local Blockbuster before the go bust & have a look for Xenoblade for you if you like??

Enjoy the Wii & the new Telly

Neil

Comment

Word of warning, I found out the hard way that early Wiis don't like dual layered disks so I can't play through Xenoblade.

Not sure how this problem surfaces for a normal playthrough but I was using my soft modded Wii to rip disks to run in Dolphin and it would fail halfway through.

Comment

The problem game with a dual-layered disc was Smash Bros. I can't remember hearing any other difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Glad to hear you managed to find a cheapish Wii...there is actually a softmoded NTSC console that's just popped up int he Sales threads for ?70 but reckon shipping would make that pretty expensive for you.

Good news on the Xenoblade as well...I'm pretty sure they are all the same within Europe.
            With regards to the LE I wouldn't worry too much...just find the cheapest standard edition & buy a cheap second hand classic controller...save loads that way.

Keep an eye out for an official Component Cable if you can as well...it makes a world of difference to the picture so that should be your next purchase

If you want I will pop into my local Blockbuster before the go bust & have a look for Xenoblade for you if you like??

Enjoy the Wii & the new Telly

Neil
            Thanks. Just got a new 42" Plasma (Panasonic TX-P42ST50Y - B in UK)! Really good picture, good amount of connections. Extremely satisfied. Actually turned out that the Wii I was about to buy lacked a controller so I decided against it. Fortunately I got lucky. My ex roommate agreed to sell his unused Wii for a good price: the Wii, + two Motion Plus controllers and the Component cable I got when we lived together. So I'm all set but it'll take a while until he ships it over, but I'm in no hurry... I just installed Mass Effect from the Mass Effect trilogy I got last year so plenty of hours to spend on these...

I did order Xenoblade LE from Amazon.de for about 80 euro. An Ok deal. Also ordered Sin & Punishment and Muramasa from Amazon.co.uk for quite cheap... Later will order Zelda and Last Story. All in all a good idea to wait until the end of the console's life span to get all the games. Fortunately the PAL territories seem to be fine with releases. Any good games that haven't come to Europe...? Happy with my new TV... Got my PS3, PS3 connected. Later going to connect my DC, then SNES and Wii (don't need to connect my GC as the Wii will have backwards compatibility.) So many games, so little time.

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            Word of warning, I found out the hard way that early Wiis don't like dual layered disks so I can't play through Xenoblade.

Not sure how this problem surfaces for a normal playthrough but I was using my soft modded Wii to rip disks to run in Dolphin and it would fail halfway through.
            Interesting, but the main reason for modding would be the ability to play import games. On the other hand, it doesn't seem there are many games unavailable in Europe...?
            Last edited by danholo; 17-01-2013, 22:46. Reason: merge

Comment

delete

Comment

Working...
              X