No announcement yet.

Ketsui coming to the PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a definite shame, but there's such a financial barrier when it comes to releasing console games. Licences, upfront fees etc., and sometimes the likes of Microsoft and Sony are even quite dictatorial when it comes to authorising the release of games relative to their portfolio, schedule etc. Barriers that don't exist with the likes of Steam etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      It's a definite shame, but there's such a financial barrier when it comes to releasing console games. Licences, upfront fees etc., and sometimes the likes of Microsoft and Sony are even quite dictatorial when it comes to authorising the release of games relative to their portfolio, schedule etc. Barriers that don't exist with the likes of Steam etc.
      If this is anything to go by, Sony are taking steps in the right direction at least.

Comment

I hope the PS3 release supports Vita remote play.

Comment

Yeah, but... that lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            I don't believe it was a financial barrier in Cave's case with their 360 release. After all they did it (region free) 3 times with Futari, Espgaluda and Muchi Pork, so if it was that much of a loss for them how come they did it 3 times?

No, I believe it was due to western interest from RSG (or Atlus at the time) which gave them the idea to go back to region coding and seek a more lucrative deal for their games overseas. I've no idea how much money we are talking here, so I can hardly say it was done out of greed, but whatever you want to call it, it didn't work for as long as anticipated and the whole thing now appears to have collapsed. Leaving a couple of games in region locked limbo.

I still don't know why (or how) the US got Deathsmiles II on the On-demand service and no one else didn't. The whole Cave story on the 360 is a massive minefield.

Comment

It's funny I have been having a long chat with Lee @ VGI over the last couple of days & he's of the same opinion that Cave really needed to stick to one thing, they just haven't been consistent.

Either Region lock everything or make it all free, cherry picking doesn't work & just annoys your fan base.
              Add into the fact that they then went & did Gunwange as an XBLA release it just doesn't make any sense.

That said we can complain all we like about their weird practice but if you really want them then you will just buy a Jpn unit.

It's not just CAVE that new Caladrius looks pretty impressive & with SDJ on the horizon then you really would be mad to not buy a Jpn machine these days especially now they are much more reliable.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Add into the fact that they then went & did Gunwange as an XBLA release it just doesn't make any sense.
                That was a bit of a wind-up wasn't it. "Apparently" Microsoft told Cave that they wouldn't allow them to release of their old "2D" shooter/coin-ops on LIVE, which "forced" them to go boxed retail only. Then Gunwange turns up on LIVE, which in Cave's roster isn't their best.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                  That was a bit of a wind-up wasn't it. "Apparently" Microsoft told Cave that they wouldn't allow them to release of their old "2D" shooter/coin-ops on LIVE, which "forced" them to go boxed retail only. Then Gunwange turns up on LIVE, which in Cave's roster isn't their best.
                  That was what I remember hearing too...think Sony said the same with PSN.

Bit of a silly story really as Ikaruga etc. have shown that they do work & will sell so there was no reason to hold them back.

I'm still hoping they might release Espgaluda & Ibara on XBLA at some point

Neil

Comment

Hmm... Is Ketsui any good? I saw copies of this going for cheaper for the X360 than it will be for the PS3.

Comment

Ketsui is awesome. One of Cave's best IMHO.

Comment

Ketsui is worth owning...so much so that I am seriously considering buying the PS3 version to go with my 360 copy.

Bear in mind that the 360 version is region locked so it may be worth buying the PS3 as that will be region free

Neil

Comment

Mhmm, indeed. I wonder if this release will open Pandora's box. I kind of hope not as I'm planning on getting that 360 as you know. On the other hand...

Comment

It's probably my favourite Cave game. Absolutely love the look and feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                              Mhmm, indeed. I wonder if this release will open Pandora's box. I kind of hope not as I'm planning on getting that 360 as you know. On the other hand...
                              I wouldn't have thought so really.

If they wanted to do it Cave could have ages ago but they never did so I'd say your safe & still worth getting a 360...you honestly won't be sorry you did.

Neil

Comment

A bit of an old thread, but hey why not give my opinion.

I really like this port, I have found it very difficult to see any differences between this version and the 360 version. Ketsui is a very tough game, one of Cave's harder titles, but it has some of the best boss designs I've seen and much like Cave of old really rewards consistent playing. I found Pink sweets/ latest DDP to be a little stale; I don't know just not exactly revolutionary.

Ketsui also doesn't feature anime girls all over the place, so for those put off of Cave titles 'cause of the anime this title doesn't have that. I'm not too fussy about that anyway, but nice to point out.

I didn't get a soundtrack with my copy though... is it in the blu ray? haven't opened that up so I don't know.

As for more Cave titles on PS3, well I doubt that, but would love it..

Comment

Working...
                                X