No announcement yet.

Best US 3DS import shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, if PxZ is like this all over NA then I guess there's not much to be done, but based on some of your other experiences it does irritate me a little if Play-Asia are starting to send out Canadian versions when labelling them as US. They are normally quite particular about labelling Japan/Asian/HK versions correctly, not sure why they're not doing the same thing with their western counterparts.

Comment

I asked them about it when I was trying to get Animal Crossing sorted out and they didn't seem to understand the question- they just said that they couldn't guarantee that Animal Crossing would have French in-game text, which isn't what I had asked at all.

I also got a Canadian P4G from them, as well as a Canadian Disgaea 3. Quite irritating!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Hmm, if PxZ is like this all over NA then I guess there's not much to be done, but based on some of your other experiences it does irritate me a little if Play-Asia are starting to send out Canadian versions when labelling them as US. They are normally quite particular about labelling Japan/Asian/HK versions correctly, not sure why they're not doing the same thing with their western counterparts.
        Pretty sure the ones I saw in Target the other day weren't (French), I will have a double check on that later this week.

Comment

In Canada there are rarely discounts like in the UK and US. Which is why I've bought so much from PA in the past.

Comment

Maybe a Limited version is released throughout North America so they don't make separate copies. Honestly it doesn't make sense to make different copies for the US/Canada in general.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              In Canada there are rarely discounts like in the UK and US. Which is why I've bought so much from PA in the past.
              I'm discovering that is the case in the US too, in comparison to the UK anyway. Hardly ever any lower prices on pre-order or retailers competing. So far it has been if Amazon drops the price one other store might match it.

Not seen any good 'deals' in the last 4 months.

Maybe a Limited version is released throughout North America so they don't make separate copies. Honestly it doesn't make sense to make different copies for the US/Canada in general.
              French Canadian versions don't include Spanish do they? I would have thought they would have done two versions one with French/English and one English/Spanish for here (US).

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Judging from my past experience with Play-Asia, I'd say their quality standards have been dropping steadily for a while now. About two years ago, they sent me a pirate copy of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. My trust in them was shaken from then on, to put it mildly...

Since nowadays there's much less interest in importing japanese (and, to a lesser extent, american) games, I guess they have to resort to every possible trick to remain competitive and relevant, hence the selling of canadian versions of some games.

Comment

I really don't see the big deal in the whole US/Canada versions.

Comment

More (and 'unnecessary', in the case of french) text covering the artwork. If the canadian version comes with two manuals, you can just throw the french one away. If not, you could end up with a manual that is twice as thick as the american one.

It doesn't amount to much, I'll agree, but, as was the case with games for the DS, if you're importing US versions for no other reason than a personal preference for the thinner cases, those little 'warts' can be annoying.

Comment

I've been using buygame2.com for most of my Japanese releases and a few US ones these past couple of years. Always solid service, no customs and generally always cheaper than the rest too.

Comment

Working...
                      X