No announcement yet.

DS Imports :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Namco one is a pretty good rival to Warioware although the exams do get pretty hard on the later levels just like real exams, it's nice to see Namco's history plus i love the little arcade machine character in that game.

Here's a vid showing a bit of how the game works

Comment

Tottado yowiko no mujinto seikatsu, another minigame compilation. A game where you have to survive on a tropical island with just a handful of cooking ingredients. Stars Shinya Arino from came center CX, the graphical style is bonkers & the minigames are pretty fun i love this one. Yes you do get a points bonus if you scream tottado into the mic when you catch something.

Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2014, 12:49.

Comment

Arg! I can't even find a non-brand new copy of that one!

I will have to go through my collection earlier to see what recommends I can come up with.

Comment

Ganbare Goemon: Toukai Douchuu Ooedo Tengurigaeshi no Maki, sadly the last Goemon game they ever made there have been no more since this one on any platform. A really nice platform game with beautiful watercolour graphics, a fitting end to the series.

Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2014, 14:19.

Comment

Blazer drive, set in a world where they have the technology to place elements inside stickers. Putting a fire one on a pan will allow you to cook ect. Usually people are unable to wear the stickers themselves but there are people that somehow have the ability, some use it for good & some bad. A rather interesting RPG with an unusual battle system, one of SEGA's more interesting original games.
            Last edited by importaku; 17-02-2014, 18:01.

Comment

Yes still going hehe.

Coropata is a weird puzzle game, based on the same game mechanic as the incredible machine series of games where you have to solve a simple puzzle by filling in the parts of a contraption to make it work. The animation is lovely & the puzzles are rock hard yet satisfying when you figure out how to get it all working. Plus if you connect it online via WFC you can download a crapload of extra free levels.

Sadly this one is now a pretty rare game, it had only one small print run.

Kumatanchi DS, another odd one. Basically it's mostly a virtual pet sim where you observe Kumatan & take pics of her doing adorable stuff then sell the pics to the shop & use the cash to buy items for her house. She interacts with a crapload of stuff for loads of different animations & the animation in this game is amazing, you can interact with her giving her the stuff you buy & getting her to train. Like animal forest the game keeps playing even when it's turned off, i enjoy it for it's pure cutness overload. The opening intro is ace

Last edited by importaku; 18-02-2014, 13:46.

Comment

We've not had a mention for Item Getter or Last Bullet yet!

Comment

Item getter is a nice game but the kanji is pretty harsh in that game i wonder how easy it would be to get through without help. I had to use Japanese guides a few times as i got stumped. It would be pretty hard for someone who is a beginner at imports.

Comment

Nintendo should pay you for the fanatical support and advertisement of this system. Great stuff though.

Comment

They released the DS that's payment enough for me hehe.

Out of all the Nintendo systems i have owned the DS is the one i like the most, The sheer vastness of the library is amazing it consists of a very solid selection of quality titles along with other useful pieces of non gaming software. Plus the tiny carts & clamshell boxes are great too im hoping the 3DS will eventually live upto the DS, so far the library of games is lacking but it is improving a lot month by month.

Back to more recommendations.

Do-Konjou Shougakussei Bon Bita, typical DS platformer but in this one you play as a naked black kid called Bonbita. He has no clothes so he draws them on his body with a marker pen, filled with jokes & toilet humour it's a rather funny & crazy game. Oh & yes that is president Obama in the game as well LOL.

Comment

You mentioned Ouendan already (which is outright brilliance), but if you're into music games then Daigassou! Band Brothers, and even more importantly, the DX version, are absolute musts. The DLC service thing for DX was particularly great - I'm sure it ruffled a few legal feathers, but people managed to get a whole bunch of v accurately re-created J-pop/rock tracks uploaded, which kept me going for ages.

Chou Soujou Mecha DS is worth investigating, from the Sandlot team that do the EDF games. It's a different spin on a mech game, in that you tinker with a range of controls on the touch screen to make your mech move about rather than having direct control.

It it goes for a pretty penny now, but the adaptation of Cave's Ketsui for the system is great IMO. It's a boss rush / score attack game rather than a full port, and for bite-size chunks of games on the go it's good fun and unsurprisingly challenging.

Comment

I remember Chou Soujuu Mecha MG reviewing rather favourably here

Odd little one if you can find it, The Genshijin DS is a bit of fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            They released the DS that's payment enough for me hehe.

Out of all the Nintendo systems i have owned the DS is the one i like the most, The sheer vastness of the library is amazing it consists of a very solid selection of quality titles along with other useful pieces of non gaming software. Plus the tiny carts & clamshell boxes are great too im hoping the 3DS will eventually live upto the DS, so far the library of games is lacking but it is improving a lot month by month.

Back to more recommendations.

Do-Konjou Shougakussei Bon Bita, typical DS platformer but in this one you play as a naked black kid called Bonbita. He has no clothes so he draws them on his body with a marker pen, filled with jokes & toilet humour it's a rather funny & crazy game. Oh & yes that is president Obama in the game as well LOL.
                            Not to mention it was the dedicated 2D system of the era. And I don't think the 3DS will let you down. It has a solid library already! I think the next machine I get will be the XL. Haven't been able to afford one, so I need to rely on my meagre original. I don't know if to get a JP version though, as now my library consists of only JP games due to my system region.
                            Last edited by danholo; 18-02-2014, 22:42.

Comment

Working...
                            X