Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FromJapan no longer allowing you to shop at Surugaya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FromJapan no longer allowing you to shop at Surugaya?

I noticed the other day that Suruga-ya was no longer an option at FromJapan. I messaged support to ask what is going on but they’ve ignored me. Anyone here use FJ and know what is going on? I’m going to have to find a new proxy service if it doesn’t come back.

surugaya has always been very funny about proxy sellers buying from them their website has the warnings all over not to buy using middlemen shipping services i'm going to guess that surugaya finally figured out fromjapan is a proxy and banned them from buying from them.

Comment

Ah, that’s a bugger. Looks like I’m moving onto a new proxy then, until that gets shutdown, then onto the next

Comment

They’ve put something up to say if you want to buy from Surugaya then you need to now go through their Rakuten store, so that’s that then. Back to YAJ I think for me. Surugaya’s prices have been climbing a little too steadily recently anyway.

Comment

The proxy I've been using lately (Neokyo) still seems to have access to Surugaya, but they did lose access to Mercari not that long ago which I think was a huge part of their appeal. They gained access to Rakuma shortly after, but I don't think too many folks selling games have migrated to that just yet. Trying to look on the bright side, one positive outcome I have found is that YAJ orders are now being processed in to their storage much quicker, I assume as a direct result of the reduced load.

On the subject of Yahoo Japan, there's also the recently put implement IP-level restrictions for anyone coming to the site from the EEA and the UK. I believe this is a GDPR/compliance-y thing, but thankfully most proxies provide their own pages and pull the metadata across themselves via API.

Comment

Yeah I looked at Neokyo, but you have to buy the items from Surugaya individually, the big appeal for me was filling a basket and getting free domestic shipping. On the flip side, I did some shopping on YAJ yesterday and prices on there are generally in line with Surugaya these days, cheaper on some stuff. Surugaya’s prices have really increased the last 6 months or so. The good thing about Surugaya though was that you could expect to get stuff in pretty good condition, whereas stuff on YAJ that looks ok can actually be a little scruffy.

Buyee have Mercari access, it’s pretty good. Their fees are comfortably the highest of all the proxies I’ve used though.

Comment

Working...
            X