No more eshop credit from Amazon Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more eshop credit from Amazon Japan?

I bought a crapload earlier in the year, but now I'm being blocked due to my location...everyone else in the same boat?
    I'm not using a VPN btw.

I had problems with it too it said i needed to verify payment i originally bought a 9000 yen but it wouldn't go through so i tried the 3000 yen cards and after several attempts it let me buy but it failed a lot of times i had to keep checking my credit card account to make sure they weren't charging me every time it seems they weren't. The order for my 9000 yen card is now sat in limbo it seems theres no option to cancel a digital order it just asks me to verify payment. I think the system that handles this is pretty broken i had problems with my card when they tried to ship my md 2 mini and mega cd i got an email from them saying the card had been declined and they would retry. It must have gone through as they shipped it. Maybe it's a glitch or they are starting to clamp down on stuff?

Comment

Not sure if it’s a glitch because it says in the listing that the code can only be bought by Japan residents. The same message is on the listings for PSN and Xbox points.

It seems to just be for download stuff (points and games).

Comment

Could you change the delivery addresd to an address in Japan? I think I have to do that to but UK eshop cards - they won't let it go through if my Japan address is the delivery one, but if I change it to the UK they let it fo through and then email the code to me.

Comment

I use my father in law's address in Japan, have my digital contents region set to Japan and had no problems getting 30'000 worth in April.
          Tried to get 9000 plus XC3 season pass but was telling me to go fish.

Importaku: clamping down it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            I use my father in law's address in Japan, have my digital contents region set to Japan and had no problems getting 30'000 worth in April.
            Tried to get 9000 plus XC3 season pass but was telling me to go fish.

Importaku: clamping down it seems.
            Try it again [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] as this evening i just bought a 3000 yen point card from amazon j it went through right away and weirdly the page is different now before i had to go messing in order history to get the code but now it appears on a page easy to see and you can copy it direct with a link to nintendos website i wonder if amazon were upgrading the system & it caused purchases to be rejected somehow??

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Try it again [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] as this evening i just bought a 3000 yen point card from amazon j it went through right away and weirdly the page is different now before i had to go messing in order history to get the code but now it appears on a page easy to see and you can copy it direct with a link to nintendos website i wonder if amazon were upgrading the system & it caused purchases to be rejected somehow??
              Yup, can confirm it works.

Also: oops.

Comment

I have a card in my basket, my address is in Japan and I have Amazon gift card balance, but I can’t even get to the checkout, it just keeps saying there are regional restrictions.

I have Norton VPN set to Japan, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                  I have a card in my basket, my address is in Japan and I have Amazon gift card balance, but I can’t even get to the checkout, it just keeps saying there are regional restrictions.

I have Norton VPN set to Japan, am I missing something?
                  There's another address book section for digital stuff on amazon this is why it's getting rejected. look in your account settings under the digital stuff section i can't remember the exact option it will most likely be not set to japan which is whats stopping you. It's really well hidden took me a while to find it.

Comment

I found it, thanks. You also can’t use gift card balance that you have paid for to buy other Eshop cards, so now I have 3000¥ sitting in my Amazon account ��

Comment

Working...
                    X