Natsumon photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natsumon photo thread

I wanted to share just how wonderfully pretty this game is, it's pointless doing a proper firstplay thread as not many are going to be playing so here's a picture thread of various moments i have collected as i have travelled around the vast open world island during my summer vacation. Still pics alone can't truly capture just how pretty the island is every blade of grass and tree are swaying in the breeze combined with the sounds of the rivers and ocean an the insects and townsfolk making the place feel alive.

Went down to the docks at night to see if different fish turn up, indeed they do the place was teeming with firefly squid

Just like in every boku natsu game all finds and events are recorded in your summer holiday picture book they are charming as always.

Back to more pics of the island

You can find alsorts of valuable things to sell on the roofs so its worth scaling them plus you get a lovely view up there

The ghost of this little girl appears all over the island asking you to play with her sometimes she wants to play chase other times you have to find something for her nearby to solve the puzzle

The owner of the toy shop in the shopping district likes to visit the cafe every evening & hang out, a lot of the villagers have their own day & night routines.

The castle on the hill is mysterious you can get inside & it looks like a massive ninja assault course but it was behind bars but apparently there's another way in i have been told.

Inside of one of the museum exhibits still need to find a lot of fossils

And to finish off a beautiful sunset

Will post more as i go through the game
    Last edited by importaku; 14-08-2023, 09:08.

This looks so great. I really hope they localise it. I'm not sure I'm game for ploughing through it in Japanese.

Comment

Looks amazing

Comment

I need a slightly bigger discount to get it...but it's on The List!
        Thank you for the pics!

Comment

Not too far away from the end now need to upload more pics this week. Still quite a few quests to resolve don’t think I’ll have enough time left to get them all done. For anyone wanting to try there’s a demo on the jpn eshop, so far it’s been a total delight, my only recommendation is to play with headphones the nature sounds are so immersive and relaxing.

It’s super cozy.

Comment

More pics please

Comment

25 hours in and my summer in Yomogi machi continues. Still 11 days left till the summer ends.

Mornings consist of breakfast at the guest house then head over to the shrine for radio taiso, the breakfasts look really nice, not sure if theres a reward for attending every morning & filling your card with stamps.

There's a bath you can use which alternates between men & women each day, today it's open to the guys & no you cant go in on the womens days.

The circus is now fully open and there's a couple of stalls with games, one is smartball the other is shateki there's also a stall selling various items. Theres plush toys to be won from the games if you do well.

Also have to decide what acts to schedule each day for the circus, you can also buy equipment & costumes off Lucky to expand your selection as you try to aim for 5 star rank. So far my curcus ranking is only at 2 stars it's harder than it looks to guess which acts will not be screw ups lol.

Thankfully Lucky & Nagase didn't screw up the trampoline routine this time

Nagase is pretty skilled at quite a few acts he's one of the more reliable performers

This is the shopping district the toy shop is just at the end of this row on the corner

Here's the local friendly bus driver, you can find him at the bus station in the town over to buy more bus tickets. Handy for getting around the island quickly.

There's also a train you can catch which runs between the 2 towns as well.

Although at night you are not allowed to leave the town so you can't sneak on either. Also you cant hitch a lift on the roof as the train will stop until you get off (lol i tried)

This was the town during obon, the lanterns went up for a few days

The shrine was carried around the town on one of the days which was fun to watch

This is the local museum where you hand in your fossil finds

The detective agency the kids unofficially run at the side of the mini shop

During the back end of the month there are nightly firework displays at 7, 8 & 9pm

The mysterious mountain toilets i have found 3 of these so far out in the middle of nowhere, when you go in them they warp you back to the toilet in the guest house you are staying in, i laughed hard the first time i found one i certainly wasn't expecting bog warps

The local beekeeper lives in this area, one of the quests i have yet to complete. Have a feeling he will let me get honey from him for putting on trees to catch various insects. I bought some from a shop in town but they are now sold out so i can't find any more yet.

Entrance to the huge waterfall area on the east side of the island. I never found it before so to get to the waterfall i'd climb to the top then yeet myself off the edge of the cliff and free fall down.

The heavenly cape i was given made it a lot easier to control my descent although you can fall from the top of the highest peak and take zero damage lol.

Also managed to get inside the castle, the kids had a quest at the dectective agency and i had to pick a key from a few colours i chose the black key which luckily was the one to open the castle passage, inside is a shooting range/obstacle course you have to navigate to clim your way to the top finding the panels to shoot to make the ledges appear or vanish. Not saying whats at the top as i don't want to spoil everything.

Still have to figure out who these mysterious agents are, they appeared at a certain time at night during the firework displays at various points around the island. I have also seen them in black suits as spectators during the circus shows. Yet to figure out who they are or what they are doing in town.

There's way more pics i took but this will do for now
              Last edited by importaku; 24-08-2023, 05:52.

Comment

This will be one of my first purchases when I’m back in Japan next week. Looks lovely.

Comment

I’m thinking about importing it for the boy. The only thing holding me back is our immense backlog. When I was his age I was scraping around on a hand-down Atari 800XL on a B&W telly that more often than not didn’t work. The little ****er doesn’t realise he’s born.

Comment

Working...
                  X