Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Bizarre Creations on PGR2

Blimey.

Just got word that I'll be racing Bizarre Creations on Gotham tonight, four of us hacks against four of their dev team. Eight races with a points system and everything.

I'm not bad, but how can I possibly beat the people who invented the game we're playing? I imagine that task will fall to my more skilled colleagues.

Wish me luck!

Any prizes or is it just a "friendly" ?
    Good luck.

Comment

Cool! Good luck m8. You could always blame your Yank connection if you lose .

See if you can get any tasty info on the cars we can expect in Booster Pack 2.

Don't tell me Darran is racing as well .

Comment

Just a "friendly", although regardless of the outcome the whole sordid affair will be published in XBM.

So we'd better win.

I was already thinking I may wheedle some info on the LA cars... or perhaps I could discuss the implications of such premium downloads with the team. Right, Brats?

Results, however embarrassing, forthcoming.

Comment

How did you get in to all that? Sounds right up my street :S

Comment

good luck, i know you are good on pgr so you should win at least one race. or was it rainbow you allways beat me at when we have played
            are you the guy who writes for gamestm?

is PC BC going to be one who's racing with you?
            Last edited by mt50; 02-06-2004, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by the shape
              or perhaps I could discuss the implications of such premium downloads with the team. Right, Brats?

Those implications. They'll be the death of me.

Comment

So who are the four that are going to be racing these guys? I'll like to know how good they actually are. I might come on later just to see whats up

Comment

We chuffing won!

How l337 are we? We beat the guys who built the game!

Final score:

Old magazine hacks: 160 points
                  Bizarre Creations: 132 points

(I'm not entirely sure how the scoring system worked.)

The Bizarre guys were really fun, totally up for it. We raced once on each Paris track, working our way down the Paris cars from the M3 CSL. The final was the Live Speed 12 around Nurburgring, a nice closer. It was all very good natured, not at all serious, which translated into lots of filthy corners with Ferraris pirouetting this way and that -- Ginza would've fitted right in.

I said to them at one stage, "if we win, can you just press a button and give us all like a billion Kudos points?" To which a BC bod responded, "if you win, you won't even be able to get on Live anymore let alone have a billion points!"

And it continued in that vein. About halfway through the competition, during a quiet point in the lobby, I drew a deep chorus of surprised laughter for saying brazenly, "Anyone want to play Rainbow Six? This is ****."

It was, at times, surreal. In one of the early races, when our team had first, second and third position, a BC bloke went, "'Ow much do you lot play this? I built these fooking cars and I can't catch oop!" (I have scouserified the pronunciation to accurately convey the accents of the Bizarre team.)

We were all pretty much convulsed with laughter from start to finish. Excellent fun. Couldn't get a serious word from them about the BP2 cars ("Erm, Nissan Micra!" they said) but we agreed to do it all again when the next tracks come out over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginza
                    How did you get in to all that? Sounds right up my street :S
                    I was formerly a magaziney person for many years in Britain. Most of my old British mates are, sadly, still magaziney people.

Originally posted by mt50
                    good luck, i know you are good on pgr so you should win at least one race. or was it rainbow you allways beat me at when we have played
                    are you the guy who writes for gamestm?

is PC BC going to be one who's racing with you?
                    I don't know which; I've played both games online almost tirelessly since January, during which time I have been fortunate enough to achieve the lofty skill level of Largely Unremarkable in each case.

And no, there's no way we were letting DVD boy drive for us.

Comment

Sounds excellent Ayton really good fun. Loving it how he actually built the cars thats a quality quote you have there scouserified. Oh and i think i should take it as a compliment that i would have fitted right in....

So your formerly a magaziney person? What be your occupation now? GamesTM given you the sack eh? *I really am only jesting so dont take offence or anything which some people seem to do easily.

Comment

Ayton you could of at least invited me since I cane you regularly

(sometimes)

Don't spose you got a release date for the old Booster 2 did you boss?

Comment

Nice report m8. Are we getting a full write up in the next Games TM?

BTW, loved your editorial in this months mag. Made me laugh. A lot .

Comment

Working...
                          X