Live - headsets for two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live - headsets for two?

I play Xbox Live with another person... you know split screen, but they can't hear what is being said of talk back.

Datel sell a 'team-talker' set which allows you to have more than one headset but it it crackles and buzzes so much it was annoying the other players - and i had to turn it off. I will take it back, and perhaps exchange it, but i am starting to think it is a design fault, not a faulty one-off.

Is there any other way of getting another headset on Live, for split-screen games etc??

(I don't really want to pay for another Live account!)

have you triesd pushing the adaptor in really tight?(you can hear it click into place when it's in all the way) that seems to work for most people

Comment

I really fiddled with it, and yes it did click in place... if wasn't I couldn't hear anything at all... when it clicked the voices and the buzzing started. It was worse in some of the headsets than others.

Do you think it was just a one off dodgy set??? Have you used one that works well??

Comment

(I don't really want to pay for another Live account!)
        Get the other person to pay then, silly

No, there isn't a decent, workable solution to your problem other than paying some extra dosh.

Comment

I wish... but they don't even own Xboxes!!

Anyway - I got the new set today... and it buzzes really badly. So it is either a design fault - or me being unlucky - talking of unlucky...

While I was messing with all the wires, I picked up my Offical headset and the earpice broke. I swear I barely touched it. And even after stylishly sellotaping it back on to the base - it still wouldn't work.

I'm not having a good day. *sigh*

Now I have 4 potenital headsets... three of which buzz and one that does work at all....

Comment

I wish... but they don't even own Xboxes!!
            They can set an account up on your Xbox

Comment

"Hey guys, come round I'm having gaming evening... yes, I'll get drinks and snacks... it''ll be ace... oh.... by the way.... you all owe me ?30 for a Live Starter Kit... and.... I need to you to bring your credit-cards..... "

Comment

I ended up with 2 xbl accounts when I forgot to cancel a free 2 month sub (they automatically up it to a yearly one now, not the monthly one they originally said they would ft: ) ah well, that mean I can now play 2 palyer online an both of us ahve voices? if so can't argue.

Comment

Yep... it's not too bad when you consider its just the price of a game.

Comment

IIRC you can simply buy another headset, plug it into the 2nd controller, and boom, you and your guest can both talk on the Live. Did you try that?

Comment

I'm looking to buy an Xbox soon...can someone confirm the above comment is correct?

Comment

No, guests can't talk (unless some game does support it, none of the ones I have do -- Links maybe??). You need a gamertag.

IIRC Kim!?! Do you own an Xbox?!

Comment

Working...
                        X