X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to Xbox live Using an NTSC Xbox in the UK

Hi

I live in the UK and have an import US X box

Can anyone tell me if I can connect my X-Box to X-Box live in the UK using a standard Broad Band connection? I currently have BB with NTL

Thanks

Phoenix

Yes Yes Yes (padding)

Comment

The answer to your question would be yes.

I use an NTSC Xbox in the UK for Live and it works a treat.

You can also get some PAL games for Live which are region free. There's a thread on this very site with a list.

Comment

Thanks for the replys

Do you use a US Import version of the x box live starter kit

Comment

The Live starter kits are region free, so you can use any region and it will work fine. I used a US kit when it first came out then a UK kit to renew my subscription.

Comment

does anyone know if a similar set up would work in Japan?

ie a US import XBox connected to Japanese Broadband and using a Japanese starter kit?

Comment

Yes yes yes, your side of the modem/router or whatever is always the same. It works fine.

Comment

I'll add to this-can you play anybody with any region copy of the game with Xbox Live? Even if you say..play a US Live game, on a modded Pal Xbox or something like that?

Comment

What are you asking?

Can you play somebody in the US, with a US copy of the game on a PAL machine? Yea, that works. You could play them with a PAL copy, there isn't any regions differences, except for PSO.

Not too sure about Japanese players, only ever seen 'em on LoC which before now lead me to believe that Live Japan and the rest of the world weren't allowed to play but I've been told that isn't the case. It's more to do with the fact there are about 10 Japanese players (total) with any other game than LoC

Comment

i've played plenty of japanese people on moto gp2.
                    i'm sure anyone can play against anybody....if thats what your getting at.
                    you dont just play people in your own territorry/region.

Comment

Well if I have a game from another region, that I want to play, I just change my region with Enigmah PAL/NTSC Selector, and it works fine

Comment

so basically there should be no reason why I cannot play on X box live using my Pal UK X-box with my brother in Japan using his US import x box

Comment

can anyone confirm if the whole x box live starter kit is region free including the disc or if is just the hardware..... ie the headphones

Comment

yea, it's region free.

Comment

Working...
                            X