Xbox LIVE Help can't find DNS Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox LIVE Help can't find DNS Address

I'm having some trouble setting up Xbox Live. Trying to connect through AOL BB and I can find my ISP details and PPOPE (close enough anyway) details yet I am unable to find my DNS server details. therefore i keep getting the DNS Not Resolved problem message along with IP not confirmed. Any ideas?

Cheers, Chris
    I have nearly exactly the same problem as this except i'm using NTL and Windows: ME. I went to Run then typed winipcfg to get Mac address as instucted by Microsofts Xbox websie but still nothing. I've typed my IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway in the menu IP ADDRESSES but does not seem to be working, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Julian

Er, did you clone the MAC address onto the Xbox? By doing this, I also assume you're connecting the Xbox directly to the cable modem? None of which is necessary on NTL, you just need to reboot the modem once the Xbox is connected and it'll work.

If you followed the steps to the letter on Xbox.com, you can't get it wrong. Honestly

Comment

Cheers mate got it sorted, (i did not unplug the USB cable either what an idiot i am) turn off the modem or reboot as u said n just like magic

Please lock this thread now as i am on Xbox Live

Thanks

Julian

Comment

Working...
      X