PGR2 Xbox Live Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PGR2 Xbox Live Rant

I was on Xbox Live just a minute ago and we had a full room and were doing cat and mouse. Welcome Ju! by the way who joined us.

Anyways I was in a Mini and the guy I was with was doing an excellent job and I was in first place. This was Nurburgring remember so we'v been racing for about about 7 minutes now and were coming up to the finish. Also I had racked up a lovely 2000+ kudos so I was not finishing this one early, I was seeing it out until the end.

With the finish line in sight i get "Your network cable has been disconnected and you have been signed out of Xbox Live. Press A to continue"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I could not believe it. Id been sat their on my sofa not being anywhere near the bloody network cable. How could that happen ? I'm so annoyed so this is me just typing it out and getting it off my chest but i cant understand how it signed me out when the network cable was in place and there was nothing wrong.

Bastards!

ISP gaff, maybe?

Comment

Sounds like a faulty / damaged cable at the rear of the Xbox. The xbox will only ever show that message if the connection does come lose or loses contact, otherwise it will display a different message appropriate to the type of connection loss.

And get over it, 2000k is an average race (on most racks) :P

Comment

Is that why you vanished striaght after the race i wondered where u had gone. Gutting mate

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
          ISP gaff, maybe?
          BT Broadband

So thats why they are losing customers by the bucketload...

Comment

Interesting, i'm not on Live but i am experiencing dropouts with BTOpenshed

Comment

Welcome to the Internet, folks.

Comment

Must add its been fine for the last few years on my VPN connection. Anyway spoke to BTOpenworld Support, they said they were migrating gateways to new IP ranges and people have been experiencing problems. They could however been talking utter bollocks i'll leave that up to you !

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                  Welcome to the Internet, folks.
                  Works fine for me... Must be your internet connection!

Comment

Exactly (snort)

We should probably put a website together with the best fanboy quotes on it

Comment

If it's any consolation, my router is showing 800 hours lan uptime and only 41 hours wan uptime, so BT have dropped me in the last couple of days too. Not a lot you can do about it, I don't recall the last time it happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X