No announcement yet.

Burnout 3 to be fixed today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. The Online side of things, haven't been fixed at all. They're just as bad as ever.

Roll on Out Run II.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
      There's isn't a patch for anybody else either, it's all server side stuff which affects both games afaik.
      Think he meant no patch for him as he doesn't have Xbox version, so if one ever did arrive he wouldn't be able to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
        Think he meant no patch for him as he doesn't have Xbox version, so if one ever did arrive he wouldn't be able to get it.
        That's exactly what I meant.

If they do have to release a client side patch to fix connection problems, then i'm practically gonna be screwed unless it's small enough to fit onto memory card.

Comment

I've lost my ranking on BO3 since Friday. I've noticed lots of others have dropped off the scoreboard too. Any ideas? Spoke to EA and they said it was news to them. So I keep playing but getting nowhere :-(
          Last edited by iloveannie; 20-09-2004, 15:40.

Comment

There are a limited number of places -- if you've dropped off, it is because you haven't scored highly enough to place.

Comment

Just noticed this on EA.com

On Monday, September 20, beginning at 1:00 AM PDT, the EA PS2 and Xbox-Live games will experience a scheduled interruption of service for a software upgrade. Duration is expected to be 45 minutes for PS2 and Xbox games.

Customers will be unable to login to the PS2 games, Xbox Live games, EA websites or message boards during the full duration of this downtime.

Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox) will be down an additional 15 minutes while they undergo a lobbyserver deployment.
              I havn't been on tonight, maybe its fixed....................or not

Comment

I'm back on the scoreboard :-) 65** which isn't too bad :-)

Comment

I've appeared today on the scoreboard for the first time, i was around 9,000 earlier. I'm still getting booted though.

Comment

What does it mean when it says my account is temporarily suspended? Didn't have any problem rejoining Live straight away after I was kicked.

Comment

fixed?
                      todays the worst i've ever seen it, and theres hardly a huge amount of people playing.
                      no friends list, random disconects while tring to veiw a lobby or room....and guaranteed disconection after a race.
                      me hate

Comment

I've only just got myself hooked up with Xbox Live on wednesday and I started with Burnout 3. After hearing all the horror stories of poor connections, lobby errors and all sorts my hopes were not too high.

Fortunately I found the experience on the whole pleasant. Finding games was not a problem, voice communication was clear and I could navigate the menus quickly. After each game I was returned to the same lobby with all the same people. Great, I thought. I guessed the fact I was playing after 10pm helped matters though.

Today, however, things have been a total nightmare. Random error messages are thrown around all over the place. I'm paraphrasing here, but anything from "This account has been temporarily banned" to "Since there was no activity you have been disconnected from the game" are the tip of the iceberg. I've been kicked off the service many a time, lost connections, booted from games, suffered poor lag, been unable to use the headset and then some. Everyone seems to be suffering the same problems and the servers are hardly under strain - it seems there's no more people online than there was the previous two days. The latest error message I've gotten was "This game is not able to be played online"

I'm hoping this is a temporary problem and things will return to normal pretty soon. If not a stern phone call to EA is in order. They're not going to do anything unless enough people complain!

Comment

I should have the game in about 2 days, hoping it's better by then, heh. Although single player looks awesome at least.

Comment

Working...
                          X