Live for 40.00 quid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live for 40.00 quid?

I have tryed every where looking for this deal which every one is going on about but i just cant find it.

Xbox live conection for 40.00 quid a year?

Can some one hear tell me where to get this from.

Becuase the only ones i have found so far r 39.99 monthly and 25.99 monthly.

I think you are confusing the price of a Broadband connection with Live.

To get XBox Live you need to subscribe to two things:

1) XBox Live - Annual subscription
    2) A Broadband connection - Monthly Subscription

The XBox Live kit itself only costs ?39.99 per year (although you can buy it from Amazon for ?29.99). It comes in a box with some demos, the headset and the passcode to enable Live for a year.

Now Broadband varies depending on the connection. Some Broadband vendors like NTL and selling an XBox Live package that includes a cable modem with two connections and two IP addresses, so you can connect your PC and XBox at the same time. I think this is what you are confusing with XBox Live itself.

However, this is a slight swizz and they charge you ?2.00 extra per month from the standard BB price. Although the firms will claim you need to get their special XBox Live packages to access Live, you don't. Instead what most people do is get a standard BB connection and then connect a router which allows you to connect multiple device to a BB connection. Routers can be bought for ?20 odd quid now, so over a period of a year you will actually save money against the special XBox live packages the BB firms sell.

So to sum up, to access Live you will need to fork out a monthly charge for BB. You can't just buy the Live kit and connect without a BB connection. However, a lot of people are getting BB anyway for their PCs, so it depends on how you look at it.

Hope this helps .

Comment

FYI - Telewest Broadband do a Gaming Pack for XBox Live (includes Headset, PGR2, few necessary bits and bobs) for ?30. The PS2 pack (if you're interested) has a really dodgy racing game (name escapes me, but I've never heard of it). Even SOCOM1 (old though it may be) would have been a better option.

Just be aware - if you take 750Kb, you need to pay an additional ?5 per month on your bill. Taking the 1.5Mb or 3Mb service excuses you from this additional monthly charge.

Comment

Working...
      X