Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madden 2005 on line

Lads/Lasses,

After being totally gutted I couldnt not play Madden 2005 PAL online, (which clearly wasnt stated - EA are pigs for this...)

I have just bought

- NTSC Madden 2005 (USA)
    - Slide Card/Magic Swap Disc

I have an internet connection thru BT Broadband

Will I be able to play Madden online now, or will I have further complications? Cheers, James.

PS2? no, the PS2 has to be the same region as the game your trying to play online.

Comment

No chance, you'll come up a cropper when your PAL system tries to authenticate a NTSC game through Sony's DNAS system.

Comment

So, lets say I have used the magic swap disc and Madden 2005 loads up on my machine, all good, it loads.

I then choose to play online, will it not connect? If no, why? I thought the internet was worldwide!!

Cheers, just read the replies sorry, would an option be then to get an NTSC PS2?

Comment

wouldnt it be cheaper to just buy an xbox and a sub to live? or wont madden 2k5 go online on there either?

Comment

don't think the PAL version is Live compatible, same as PS2, you'll need USA console and game.

Don't you just love EA

Comment

lol
              knob ends

Comment

Thats an option - but most online players for Madden play on the PS2.

Would be cool to get an X-Box but I really want to play in some leagues and these are mostly run on the PS2 format.

Does it look like a have made a major boo-boo buying these two things then? Bugger.

Off to e-bay then, unless any peeps here want to buy it (thats the magic swap, ill take the slim chance to see if it works first) , hit me up...

Comment

Right, this is what I understand.

Sony brought in a similar policy to Microsoft's modchip lockout to combat piracy. It's called DNAS (if someone can be arsed to post what that stands for, have a cookie), and basically it checks the region of the game first, and then the region of the PS2. If there's a modchip on there, or the region and game don't match then DNAS tells the PS2 to **** off. If everything matches then DNAS gives the PS2 authentication to go online.

I don't know if this bans a PS2 from going online or not, but there you go. Just another illegal policy of segmenting gamers, so there you go. In any case, what are you playing Madden for? Buy a good game, like ESPN! *waits for controvasy* :P

(disclaimer: I don't hate Madden, it's rather good. I'm just being an ass!)

Comment

Working...
                  X