Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here been banned from Live recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here been banned from Live recently?

It seems that since yesterday, MS have been having a maaaajor crackdown on chipped Xboxes -- at least, in the States. Lots of people are saying they've been banned, even though they haven't been banned before and were playing with the chip off (obviously). A lot of people are speculating that MS are either checking the size of your HD to see whether it's a new, bigger one or -- worse -- scanning HDs for alternate dashboards.

Thing is, so far it seems like it's only Americans that've been hit with this. I've been logging on and off periodically since last night and I can get onto Live fine with my modded Box with 120GB HD.

Just wondering whether I'm right and it's only Americans that're being slapped in the face, or whether I'm just lucky so far. If MS are scanning HDs, then it may be that they're not legally allowed to do it here and elsewhere in Europe, but due to the DMCA in the US, it's kosher over the pond. So...

Check Headlines mate, there's a massive thread on it. It seems it detects the F:\ partition, and that the update with Halo 2 is the one that detects it.

Comment

I don't think it's Halo 2. People in the US have been banned even though they don't even own it, let alone installed its Live updates.

Comment

Working...
      X