Halo 2 Auto-Update wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo 2 Auto-Update wishes

I presume there will be an auto-update at some time soon, so what do you think it needs to do (beside put in a final level :P )? Personally I'd like to see:

- Auto 16:9 mode like EVERY OTHER WIDESCREEN XBOX GAME

- Some form of scoreboards which are viewable FROM THE XBOX

- Speed up matchmaking searches

- Ability to just chat to everybody online at all times during gameplay

What would you like to see?

Originally posted by Haribokart
    Ability to just chat to everybody online at all times during gameplay
    Disagree there i'm afraid. One of the things i'm really liking about online play is the fact that you don't have to listen to everyone chatting ****e all the way through the match.

I used to hate listening to certain peoples conversations when playing Outrun 2 online....

"You got Burnout 3?"

"Yeah good init...my mate says it coming out for the Gamecube."

"Nah...i read in Official XBox magazine that the Gaycube can't handle it."

Blah Blah Blah

And then there are the twats that hold completely unrelated conversations with people in their room. I really don't want to know if Aunty Mable is coming for dinner on Sunday! Shut the **** up!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimoto
      And then there are the twats that hold completely unrelated conversations with people in their room. I really don't want to know if Aunty Mable is coming for dinner on Sunday! Shut the **** up!
      (holds up hand)
      Its bloody embarrassing when I forget to mute my headset before shouting "Love You Too, Darling!" to my wife watching telly in the other room...

Comment

Totally agree, I LOVE how you have to press the button to talk I wish ALL xbox games had this. I regularly get some clown with a crying baby or some ignorant ****er burping.

Comment

Originally posted by Haribokart
          - Ability to just chat to everybody online at all times during gameplay
          I'm pretty sure you've already been told this Haribokart. You can talk to anyone during gameplay by pressing the direction pad up or the white button. During team games you can only talk to people on your team, which makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
            Totally agree, I LOVE how you have to press the button to talk I wish ALL xbox games had this. I regularly get some clown with a crying baby or some ignorant ****er burping.
            But can't you do this anyway? I regularly turn my mic on and off throughout a game using the button on the headset plugin thingie. I have to. I can get quite abusive and I don't want to be banned

Comment

New weapons/vehicles? Not sure if that would work, but variety is the spice of life.

and OT: when playing outrun2, there was someone playing who we could hear his speakers through his microphone so we could hear his engine noise constantly. Bloody annoying and he didn't respond to any requests to turn it down - had to mute him for the next race. How bloody loud do you need to have your speakers for this to happen? Mine are on loud and no-one has complained about it to me.

Comment

They don't have to be loud at all. You just have to be sitting very close to the speakers to hear the feed back. It's annoying though isn't it!

Comment

You don't have to press the white button to talk. You only press the white button to speak to your team only, whereas normally you speak to everybody but only those close to you on the map. The further away the player, the quieter the voice comes through.

Haribokart gets the nod for the worst suggestion ever though. Good work.

Comment

How about an icon that appears when you've pressed the white button? I know the radio 'chuk' changes slightly, but in the heat of battle I have no idea whether it is on or not.

Comment

Non-ranked games against random folk would be very nice. Ranked games just seem to be the same maps over/functions over and over again. I'd like a bit of variety and be able to play against people not on my Friends list, but have a say in what we play. If every single Xbox Live game already does this, why can't/won't Halo?

Comment

I'm amazed and saddened by the strange situation regarding the online options.

It should be like every other Live game, with the ability to create a lobby the public can join.

All this friends business is good, but sometimes you make some good buddies in a public room.

Bungie need to sort this, the matching system is too slow and stupid.

Comment

there's a game type , last on the list, about unranked game against everyone. i did this on saturday as i had 3 others on my xbox and you can't have guests in ranked games. we played 16-player ctf it was sweet

Comment

Training Grounds is unranked and random. You get some very good players on there as it is the only way to allow guests (apart from a custom game). Oh, as the person just above said.

I'd like the game to force even teams better. Red always ends up with more.

Comment

Just sort out the criminal length of time it takes for a single-player matchmake and I'll be happy. Quite why you can be waiting 5 minutes (or more) if it's just you, but be straight in there with 2+ is a mystery to me.

As for matchmaking variety, they've already said they'll be mixing up the game types available as time goes on, so that one's covered.

Edit - and get it to have another go at reloading the map if it fails for some reason, having to reboot is a pain in the arse.

Comment

Working...
                              X