Droppers in PES4 - what to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droppers in PES4 - what to do???

Online tonight and no-one I know is online so its pot luck. Its fine if you come up against someone of a similar skill level, but on loads of occasions tonight it was clear I was better than the other player. Not by much, but you can tell pretty quickly from kick off what the other guy is like.

So, first few games, I'm playing well, winning by one or two and they drop out before the final whistle. This continues.

I get lucky with a couple of great games but then back to the first scenario. So instead I play it safe. Maybe go 1-0 up or leave it 0-0 until after half time. Have lots of possession but miss the odd chance and back off defensively to give them a chance. But, this is PES which is frighteningly realistic and on more than one occasion I then end up losing to some freak 20 yarder or tap in from a corner.

So, so frustrating. I really hope a patch comes out as tonight has been ruined for me and its a good reason to give something else (more boring) like Halo 2 a try.

I have yet to pick up the Xbox version (been playing Winning Eleven 8 and PES 4 on PS2 since August.

I signed up to Live last week and have orderd a Dual Shock adaptor-me-do and am thoroughly looking forward to playing online.

I think the attitude I'll take with droppers is that I beat them.

I'll play you online Mr Ascender - and I reckon I'm pretty handy.
    Even if you thrash me though I won't drop!
    GamerTag: MushroomRatso - should be online with PES4 later this week!
    Last edited by Ratso; 06-12-2004, 10:14. Reason: Addendum

Comment

Originally posted by Ratso
      I think the attitude I'll take with droppers is that I beat them.
      How can you beat them, they will drop you before you get to the final whistle.

Comment

Talking metaphorically i assume.

Since the 'dropper' dropped, he/ she waved the white flag of surrender. Leaving only the victorious standing.

Something like that.

Still, it doesn't make up for a lost +1 stat in the wins column. If you're concerned about that.

Comment

That's exactly what I mean, Geektanic.

If a team fails to show up or complete a fixture in real life the other team is usually awarded a win of 3-0 or higher if that was the score at the time.

However, of course Konami still do need to address the stats issue.

Comment

lol. I'm not that handy at all, but there was quite a few players on there last night who were obviously just beginning - easy way to spot them is to see how many passes they intercept.

But yes, sod it, I'll just play til they drop. Or I get thrashed.

Comment

Been online the last couple of days now and my record is something like W 4 D 3 L 4.

HOWEVER, I have indeed had three wins stolen from me by droppers. Pathetic really.

One guy gave me a load of seriously foul-mouthed abuse about the connection speed after I went 1-0 up in the opening minute and then dropped too.
              Called me, "a cheating c***", despite the fact that all I'd done was kick off and score.
              HE was the one who'd picked Brazil after I'd picked England...

I'll look you up next time I'm on, Ascender.

Comment

What a night i had 16 wins in a row!!!!!!

Not 1 stayed till the end, though

It needs sorting out, its being ruined at the moment

Check this out, i played a guy 5 times in a row on thursday, the 1st 4 games were great 1-1, 2-2, 2-2 and a great 3-3,

The next game he went 1 up after 15 mins a screamer from Pizzaro and never looked liked losing it, i was playing badly and couldn't get my Rui Costa - Shevchenko through balls going at all

THEN

82nd minute Costa through to Shevy, under the keeper 1-1, amazing, i had been playing so badly

then on 88

Pirlo out to Kaka, inside to Costa, through ball to Shevy - Chips the keeper, off the crossbar, Kaka heads it in AMAZING, wow what a game, finally it looked like a winner

He then drops out

The utter f*cking loser

pathetic

Comment

I must be really lucky at the moment cos I have ha donly one dropper in the last 12 or so games, and I was beating him 5-1 so I wasn't surprised.

Comment

I'm really rather unlucky. Only started playing it this weekend and on my first win the other person dropped out. I was incensed. Furious. They can do it with no repercussions.

Comment

Can all you Pro Evo players add me please? I havent got a very full pro evo playing friends list.

Gamertag is - GinzaUK.

Comment

Just played a game against some french dude called Le Veteran. He was scored in the first 20 minutes and took the lead 1-0 then dropped So if you see him, don't play him

Comment

If anyone drop out after losing to me. I give them negative feedback for cheating.

Comment

Me too. Had loads drop on me yesterday, and it is starting to ruin it for me as i dont feel like i can play it unless its against someone on my friends list.

Ginza - you dropped on me when losing in the 88th minute yesterday. Im giving you the benefit of the doubt that you lost your connnection or something at the moment though...

Comment

anyone up for some games now

Comment

Working...
                              X