No announcement yet.

Metal Slug 3 Top Scores (PS2/Xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, if you can get to the boss without losing a life by going that route, keep doing it - I've not one-lifed mission three yet, so I don't know for certain which route offers the most points.

The path with the cameras, though, has a couple of 50k bonuses hidden away which should more than make up for any drop in the number of hostages - one held by one of the pair of hostages seated up the stairs after the first lift and one hidden in a crate above the second lift, just before you get on it. Unlike the majority of the bonus items in the game, they're always worth 50k each.

Comment

The path with the camera's etc is a sod though, take my hat off to anyone who can one life it.

Randy & RJP either of you tried the GBA Metal Slug game just out ? well worth getting.

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.

about ?22 from simplygames.com

Comment

Want it, but can't afford it right now. After the holidays, for sure.

That path is a bit like the ice cave, in that it's all about knowing where to stand and memorising enemy patterns. I had trouble with the spherical drones at first, until I realised that they're only vulnerable to being hit in the lens. Just wait until they turns around and then run at them, waving the knife around. Peasy.

The hardest section there is after the drones, when you're faced with soldiers appearing on the same level as you and also either above or below. The solution seems to be to take out those on your level with grenades while shooting the others as soon as they appear on screen. I've managed it a couple of times, but not enough to remember it perfectly.

Comment

That mission three boss is so annoying. It's those damn homing missiles that are giving me trouble still. Sometimes it stands to the right of the screen and fires them off, in which case they're not too much of a problem - you've got the whole left hand of the screen to move around in - but at other times it stays in the centre of the screen and lets them loose, in which case I almost always die. In the first case, I stick to a bullet-hoarding strat, luring them to a certain spot and then running out the way before they hit (same as with the aliens on mission two, really), but there's not the room to do that in the second case.

<edit> Ack. So near to one-lifing mission three now. Made it through with all hostages, only to die once a couple of seconds before destroying the boss. Mission three: 276,120 - Rescued 0 hostages.
          Last edited by E. Randy Dupre; 23-12-2004, 21:11.

Comment

got this game yesterday, only had 2 goes on it so far, so my top score so far with 0 continues is-

852020- on live i'm 47th place just behind strider

uploaded it onto live if you wanna check EST1892 is my gamertag.

gonna be putting more time in to try and improve my score
            Last edited by mt50; 29-12-2004, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
            X