Need help with Xbox LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Xbox LIVE

Whenever I try to connect I get the "DNS not found" error message on the second stage of troubleshooting.

I am running NTL Broadband and connecting to the internet using Internet Connection Sharing.

I am running Windows XP with the latest service pack.

On my internet connection, sharing box is ticked and the other box (allow other network users to change this option) is also ticked.
    On my xbox connection there are no boxes to tick in the advanced tab.

I ran the command prompt and typed ipconfig. Which values should I write down and where should I put them? Yes my PC is connected via a USB connector.

Both connections have windows firewall disabled.

Please help me I'm getting quite desperate now I spent no less than 5 hours tweaking my system this morning to see how I could work the dam thing. Thanks,

Ian

Afaik. If you go into network setup at the xbox live screen you should get an option to input network settings manually (click the bar that says automatic and change to manual).

You need to then put the ip address of the pc-connected-to-the-modem in as the dns server. Anyway this will explain it better than me:

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/start...pc/default.htm

Comment

Make sure the cable going from xbox to pc network card is a crossover type too.

Comment

Working...
      X