No announcement yet.

MOTO GP 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moto GP 2 isn’t a computer game, its Crack, be careful you have been warned.

I played it for a good 3 hours yesterday trying to unlock all the stat points for my bike. The easiest way to unlock the points and tracks is to set the game to GP mode and set the laps to one. I did it on rookie and then pro, for legend you might need to do qualifying to get a good head start.

The first thing that stuck me was the difference between all the new bikes, with the inclusion on v3's v4's and v5's finding the right bike is proving a little tricky. You can now also change tire type and your suspension, which also adds to the depth of the game. I just hope I find a good all-rounder that decent for all the tracks.

One thing that I have found frustrating, for me at least, are the controls. In moto gp I had my set up with accelerate and brake on the L and R buttons. This no longer works with moto2 as when you come hurtling into a corner and hit L to brake it locks both brakes and sends you skidding in a straight line. So in other words you have to use the dual braking system, which is something, I’m not used to but others are.

Training’s a dirteh whore, most of them are easy but then there are a few that are solid and take a few attempts to complete. The extra challenges are good as they can teach you how to take some of the more tricky bends on the new tracks. Love the new tracks btw ^ ^

The grx have been upped and look better and more colourful than the first. The bikes look amazing and the custom bike bit is just brilliant!

The layout is also fantastic and very well designed and very much based around xbox live. As soon as you start the game you log onto live so you can instantly check your scores, see you friends and what they’re doing. You can see if they are playing live, doing the challenges, racing in a grand prix or trying to beat times in time trails.

There loads more small improvements too many to list, all in all it really improves on the first which is an achievement in it self.

Shamoan!

Comment

Tommy

Agreed mate, this game has got DEPTH.

Cleared Rookie (3 laps) might try that 1 lap trick though tonight on Pro level. Nice tip

Great game, really enjoying it.

TR

Comment

A friend of mine has MotoGP2, and says the game suffers from really bad framerate issues at times.. During busy corners, or near stadiums etc.. Worse than Sheridan foresty bits he reckons.

Hes tried it in 16:9 50hz, 60hz, 4:3 etc and says 4:3 is better (obviously), but is still pretty bad.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is in Offline racing only, btw.

Comment

hmmm can't say i have but i'll certainly check it out tonight.

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

Yup i've noticed it it is pretty noticeable going round some of the slower corners. It was on the 1st game but wasn't as bad on the Live version.

My main gripe is the AI when trying do the GP they don't have any intelligence at all, they just keep going on there racing line no matter whats going on. I've been knocked off countless times by them jus turning into me.

Comment

Been playing it pretty much solid today and have nearly got my stats upto full. I heard a couple of people say the bikes don`t break as well as MGP1 but i thought this at first but when i`ve built my stats up abit it didn`t really feel any different. I think it`s thrown people having a full stats super bike in MGP1 then having to start MGP2 on a minimal stats slow bike. Overall i`m loving it and the new tracks are great and the bike models have also really impressed me as well looking spot on. Also just managed to unlock sheridan by completing the training mode, it wasn`t easy i`ll tell yeah especially a couple of them at the end 8)

Comment

I seemed to have sheridan unlocked even though i not done nowhere near all the challenges, must be because i played it online the other night.

Comment

*dizzy* just had a marathon 6 hour session, and bumped into ZeroRisk (hello!).

This game is crack

Comment

Gah!, not fair.

I have this and RTCW preordered but they arent out until next friday over here in Australia... I'll see you all on the track then

Comment

My main gripe is the AI when trying do the GP they don't have any intelligence at all, they just keep going on there racing line no matter whats going on. I've been knocked off countless times by them jus turning into me.
                      Dead right Roost.

On anything above pro level, its almost impossible to do the first lap without being knocked off.

It's a shame that the messed up AI brings down what in every other respect is a fantastic game...

Comment

Got the game saturday. I've managed to play thru one season, cheeky game only give me 3 distrib points for coming first. Guess you get the rest on pro.

The tracks, stadiums and roads are looking well beefy, although the slowdown takes away from it just a bit.

Think i'll max the bike today, then, online baby! Gamertag is Recluse.

One question and i know it's still early days but is anyone experimenting with the suspension in stuff? You noticing any real difference in handling?

Comment

You get 3 points for rookie, 4 for pro, 5 champion and 6 for legendary.

Then there's all the challenges on each track and also all the training challenges to do.

Comment

don't suppose one of ya with this game can check to see if the PAL version is region free

mucho gracias

camps

Comment

If you get 3 points from Rookie, say in Season1 on Suzuka, then you move to Pro for Season 2 and win again, do you get 4 points to add to your bike stats? I ask this because looking at the details on these tracks in career mode, the maximum you can get is 6 per track.. So how does it work?

Comment

If you get 3 points at suzuka from doin rookie, if you then do it on pro you get one extra point to add to your stats, then if you do it on champion you get another point to add.

You NEED to do a season on champion so you can unlock legendary and get the full points for your bike.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                                X