No announcement yet.

MOTO GP 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to ask about the points system myself.

Cheers for the info peeps.

Comment

Cheers. Its weird because in the manual it says you get 4 points for Pro.. Perhaps it means TOTAL number of points after Rookie, then Pro.

I wonder: If you do Pro straight away, I presume you'll get 4 points for it, and Champion you'll get 5 points, and if u start Legend from stratch (ie season1) you'll get all 6 points from one race?

Racing on Pro setting seems really hard already! This is going to be a long road getting full stats..

Comment

If you just went straight through it on champion without doing pro or rookie you would get 5 points for each one you win.

Like i said you NEED to a season on champion so you can unlock legendary at get the extra points over what you get on champion so your bike is fully done up

Comment

Still not built my bike up fully yet, but Hodge is right about the braking as soon as you get some stat points on there it improves. It's all about the gears this time round, i've been learning how to brake using the gears combined with the brakes. Awesome stuff.

Comment

Me and my buddy were online for Sat night and the thing that instantly hit us for the slowdown. The weird thing its that it seems to be corner specific as opposed to poly level? I love the way you now get your online world ranking next to your name in the lobby. It gives you idea of how hard the race is going to be and its great watching it slowing creep up or down.

I had to ditch my cutom bike online at the mo coz its just too slow.

Maybe some kind of dl patch will improve the fps on certain sections.

FB

Comment

Is it true that if you go on the grass it completely STOPS your bike on this game? That sucks if true.

Comment

not quite, but it slows you down more than in the first

it doesn't suck though, its an improvement over the first game, especially for Live.

Comment

Got this game (finally) on friday and been playing it all weekend on singleplayer mode.

I agree the grass/slowdown thing is a little bit annoying but its completely necessary to stop people taking shortcuts online so with that in mind I think its a worthy inclusion, as is the fact that if you crash on a lap that lap time wont be recorded online (stop people finding glitches with resetting the bike further down the track)...

Its taking me a while to get used to the braking in this one.. like Tommy I was pretty much used to slamming on the rear brake in the previous version but that means instant lock-up syndrome in this one so I am going to have to forget what I previously learnt and start from scratch.

Some of the 3 star challenges are a beatch but I expect they get easier once you start maxing your bike out through GP mode so I am concentrating on that. I started on Rookie initially but I've jumped straight into Champion now I am used to my bikes handling and it actually brakes now!

Anyway what bike is everyone using and has anyone bothered with tinkering with the actual bike setup yet?

I've noticed the slowdown on a few main corners, the first two corners in Sepang are really bad but generally its not that much worse than the original online demo (I seem to remember Le Mans being particularly bad before).

I like the way the stunt mode is now more streamlined and has its own scoreboard, plus there are now 7 mini-games on the credits the asteroids clone rocks!

Comment

mini... games?

Comment

Yeh mini-games.

The fishbouncer and credits shooter ones return but now there is a pinball game and this mad asteroids/defender clone where you pilot an asteroids type ship and must protect cardboard cut-outs of the developers as they throw bombs at each other... its actually quite addictive.

Also once you select the mini-games from the credits they place a link to them on the main menu, plus they have their own scoreboards.

Nice!

Comment

Picking this up tomorrow, anyone here still playing ?

Comment

constantly
                          best game on live if you ask me....there arent too many people still playing, but you can usually find a few rooms full in the evenings.
                          just get a custom bike done as fast as possible

Comment

Are the best tips for getting a "quick" custom bike the ones above ?

I was the top UK person in the Namco Moto GP3 (PS2) championship so hope to climb my way up the leaderboard even starting at this late stage !

Comment

putting the laps down to one, you'll win 'rookie' and 'pro' difficulty easily on your first goes through, then with those points gained, i'd say go back and do some training and challenges. then come back and do 'championship'. 'legend' is the only one you should need to bother qualifying.(front row-ish)
                              although if you spend a few days online first, learning from watching/racing people, you may find you can just start on championship difficulty and breeze through it

from what i heard, the rankings were reset at the begining of the year, so you'll move up fairly fast.

Comment

thanks, see our ranked fairly well

Comment

Working...
                                X