No announcement yet.

MOTO GP 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the rankings were reset at the begining of the year, so you'll move up fairly fast.
    Yep, I was ranked in the top 500 too, before everyone started glitching ft: Powerslide cheats still apply though, from the few goes I've had since then. I'll pull the settings I have for my bike if you want, although it isn't "fully" modded but that doesn't matter (braking doesn't count if you powerslide, so stick all the points on the others to max 'em out). You should pick the V500 (I think ) instead of the newer V4 bikes.

Comment

Powerslide cheats ? you've lost me, I see most of the best lap times are set with the RC211V so that's what I was planning on using, I'm sure the settings/upgrades will all become clear when I get the game.

Comment

I ain't played it in ages so thing have probably moved on since, hence the different bike maybe. Powersliding -- do it on training, you tap forward and kick the wheel out. You'll fall off loads though in the main game until you get the hang of it. However, some settings on the V2 bikes allow keep the bike upright 90% of the time so you go around corners like you're on rails, forcing the rear wheel to spin almost all of the time. Touch the brakes though and you'll come off when you use these settings as it locks the wheels instantly

Comment

from what i gather, they took out drafting, which is why the RC is now generally thought to be the best.
          i dont really undertsand it myself, as i only started playing online in january

Comment

Picked this up late yesterday and played for an hour or so, couple of questions prehaps you kind people could answer:

1. The online ranking; is the scoring anything to do with the time trials or is it just for races taken part online ? or both ?

2. I did two races online, set three time trial times; my score is still 0 and I'm ranked 10,800 out of 17,xxx the top people are ranked -232mins, how on earth is this worked out ?

3. Once I start a season on a particular Career Mode season on one difficulty level it lets me change this after every race, just wondered what happens at the end of the season, say I win the championship do I do so on the lowest difficulty level used (even if it's just for one race) and do you actually get anything for winning the championship ?

Lastly, is it possible to restart a season completely ? couldn't find a way to do it without using a new different rider - which means losing the stats points I've gained.

Sorry for so many questions but can't find the answers in the manual etc

Thanks

Comment

1. Time trailing -- the game records everything you do and uploads the times when played 'offline' but still logged into live; it applies globally, seamless integration. Your ranking is based around your times.

2. The score, I think you're referring to stunt mode? Normal racing only compares times... IIRC.

3. It only changes the difficulty of the race, but I think if you complete an individual race on higher difficulty, you get more points to spend on stats. You unlock stuff for completing the championship races; check in the extras, it'll tell you in there. Probably best to play thru on easy, to get some quick points and then play thru on Pro. Easiest way to get points is to stick it on one lap and control the race, blocking other riders from overtaking you. The single player is fairly poor overall, because its so easy to do this (even on Pro).

I'm pretty sure you can restart a season, but complete it anyway; you get the option of restarting at the end anyway.

Comment

Thanks, couple of replies to your answers,

1. I guess I'm not bottom of the rankings then as I haven't submitted a complete set of lap times - hence still at 0. But how do you get to minus 232 mins ? leaders times must be measured against the worst or an average ? see what I trying to work out ?

2. I was looking at the overall leaderboard (to the left of the individual lap times) on the Scoreboard - same leaderboard I was talking about in question 1, Stunt Mode can wait ......

See what you mean about career mode, even with a bike with stats totalling about 40 you can win races first try. Still it will take a while to get near full stats.

Seen some of the videos etc, quite good aren't they, quite long, didn't think you got any bonus stat points for winning the championship

Comment

the minus 232 thing, just shows how much faster, over all the tracks, the other people are.
                  so if somebodys ranked below you, and it shows -1 second, you just need to improve any time by that amount, and you will move down the rankings.
                  i think it adds up the times for them all.
                  i'm not entirely sure how it works out ranking before you set a time on each track...maybe it just uses some default really bad time

you can change diffuculty anytime in a championship, but it knows if you try to cheat by qualifying on easy, then moving it up for the race...a couple of other things worth remembering to make life easier....if you finish a race and retry, your qualifying place wont count anymore and you cant qualify again. best to pause/restart before you finish.
                  you also cant do trials for tracks unless you've got to the race in the championship your in...its a pain having to go through another championship because you forgot to do one trial near the end of the season.
                  i hope some of that made sense

Comment

thanks for reply Fuddle, have PM'd you, if your theory about really bad times is right - the really bad time must be about 16 minutes per track

Comment

Fuddle, I've started a topic as I said in my PM

got an explanation - it's as clear as mud

Comment

not too helpfull really.
                        i think it will start to make its own sense once you set a time for each course.

edit: might get a better response in the moto gp folder...looks like thats for 1 and 2...but equally filled with idiots

Comment

Quote:
                          the rankings were reset at the begining of the year, so you'll move up fairly fast.

Upto rank 4,5xx already and haven't set a time on the test track Sheridan yet, can't believe only 15,7xx people have submitted at least 1 time this year.

Comment

It's hard to explain but it's because Moto 1 is better :P

I'm not sure why exactly, but i just found Moto 1 on live a hell of a lot more fun.

Comment

i tried the demo of 1, but i hated it...i could only bring myself to do one race.
                              it felt really weird after playing 2 so much....however there are way more people still playing it (the demo i guess)
                              its a shame more people dont play 2 still, but the small number of people does create a nice comunity feeling...every room i visit, i will recognise at least half the people.

Comment

Biking games are never the best sellers but have a loyal following, in the UK it is so hard to find a copy in the shops which doesn't help sales figures either, I must just beat more challenges to up my stats now, and unlock Sheridan, then I'll be on your tails.....

Worked out how the overall ranking works now, so I'm a happy bunny,

Comment

Working...
                                X